Dj's United

Title says it all really.

I would love to set a cue point in Chrizzy Aggie's "Dirrrrty" 16 seconds in, but have been unable to.

I've talked to other DJ's using this software and they also have experienced problems with this.

Anyone help?

Clive.

Same way that you do on normal CD players. Pause it roughly where you want to set the cue then use the jog wheel (or ffword and rev buttons if you don't have the controller) to fine tune it, then hit the cue button to store.

You also have a bank of cue points that are 2 rows of 8 small squares. If you click the foward and back buttons by them then it'll move between them and you can repeat the above to set as many points as you want.

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

Same way that you do on normal CD players. Pause it roughly where you want to set the cue then use the jog wheel (or ffword and rev buttons if you don't have the controller) to fine tune it, then hit the cue button to store.

You also have a bank of cue points that are 2 rows of 8 small squares. If you click the foward and back buttons by them then it'll move between them and you can repeat the above to set as many points as you want.

It's that easy??????? D'oh!

Thank you Danno13, what a dipstick I must be. :wall:

I'll try it tonight.

Oh, and no, I don't have the controller.

Thanks again! :Thumbup:

Clive.

I've just realised who you are.. i could have shown you at the South Wales NADJ meeting the other night. I'm one of the guys from Worcestershire that comes along..

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

I've just realised who you are.. i could have shown you at the South Wales NADJ meeting the other night. I'm one of the guys from Worcestershire that comes along..

You could have if I had asked you the question on the night.

But I didn't :rolleyes:

Can you describe yourself so's I can put a face to the name?

- And don't say Brad Pitt lookalike......... tongue out icon

Clive.

I'm 20, 5'11" brown hair, was wearing a brown top and yellow t-shirt and asked you a few questions about the thomann speakers you were using. I had a look on Thomann for them, doesn't seem like they do the same model anymore :(

I'm 20, 5'11" brown hair, was wearing a brown top and yellow t-shirt and asked you a few questions about the thomann speakers you were using. I had a look on Thomann for them, doesn't seem like they do the same model anymore :(

Yep, I think I got you - slim chap in the corner - you were at the last meeting :grouphug: too (Merthyr Pub). :djuhi:

You're right, they don't do those style of speakers anymore, but their replacements look OK and I'll bet they perform just like the one's I've got - I quite like the sound they produce, although a bit "toppy" - which you can filter out with your eq controls or graphic. Look out for the blanking plugs that cover the flying lead threaded holes, one of mine went missing and the speaker produced a "farting" sound with the bass - the holes are not blind and are drilled through to the inner enclosure :nono: . Nothing that a bit of black silicone sealant won't solve, though.

Thomann now do an active speaker for roughly the price that I paid for my passive ones.....bargain!

I've read on this forum that Thomann also do a 30 day money back deal - try before you buy??!!

Clive.

PS Danno13,

I did manage to set up a cue point for CA's "Dirrrty" - thank you for your help! :thanks:

Clive.

Just for anyone else reading this who has had trouble with the cue points in Red.

Remember, it doesn't "write" the cue point until you unload the track, ie:, load another track in the same player.

When I first got Red, it took me ages to get setting cue points working right, till I read the above on their forum.

Quitting Smoking & Drinking doesn't make you live longer

It just feels like it.

My PCDJ Red doesn't work like that Paul. You can set a cue point and then use it straight away, it wouldn't be very useful if you couldn't. Perhaps you have your files set to read-only or something?? Also, are you talking about the original red (v5.0 - 5.3) like we are???

Clive, yep i think you've got me, I was at the Methry meet too!