Dj's United

Future Releases

Hi, I'm going to be starting a regular spot at one of our local nightspots the only problem is I've been a mobile jock for the last 25 years. Obviously I can get away with alot of the usual chart stuff but I'm going to need a bit of more upfront material as well. Therefore I wondered if any of you would be generous enough to pass on any websites where I can keep up to date with any new releases. I've got the usual Radio 1 and Dotmusic sites but thought there might be somewhere with release date details for up to 4 weeks in advance. I understand that this is a mobile disco forum so most jocks won't be worried much about being too far in front, but any help would be appreciated. Bearing in my mind I haven't got access to any cable music channels and I'm 39, married with two kids---------------where's that http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/censored.gif violin when you want it!! http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/sterb188.gif

Party to the Max, With Happy Traxx

I used a site with all the number ones of each week of each dates etc.., also added are eurovision etc..

good site,I'll find a link for you. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Hi everyone ;-)

Well I tend to keep as far ahead as possible at 47, 4 kids etc etc stop moaning!! LOL I tend to use the Dot music site as it gives you the new releases 4 - 6 weeks in advance thats plenty for most people. Play anything newer than that and people are not interested as they have never heard it anyway!

Spin

Try the HMV site.

You'll see links for 'New Releases' & 'Coming Soon' both give good info for many music genres.

For R&B/Rap a couple of good sites are:

Vibin' then click on 'Music' and then on 'New Releases' and you can actually listen to all the new releases.

The Blues & Soul site is also good. Go to the 'Charts' section and check out 'The Hiplist'. But be warned this can be extremely upfront. The singles charts though are anything but upfront!

Anthony Winyard Entertainment www.awe-dj.co.uk, Entertaining London & the South-East!

Click here to LIKE The Funky Penguin on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/awe.dj

Hi

I get mastermix's Prodisk each month, keeps me well up to date with upcoming music.

Between 20 and 25 new and pre-released tracks for £15.00. They're getting much better with their hit count too.

www.mastermixdj.com

Darren

Take a listen to Music Matters, the Big Mix Entertainment podcast, featuring music from the Podsafe Music Network.

Thanks Guys, at least judging by your replies I'm still keeping up with the music. It's only when my Daughter comes over she asks me if I heard the new one by such and such, so it just got me thinking where is she finding out this type of stuff. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

www.cdpool.com - they do pre-release stuff... subscribe to club beats - its only £15 per month... they also do street beat and pop beats - have a look at their site

WE LOVE KAREN, AND IT'S GREAT TO HAVE HER BACK !!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Another one which when you mentioned daughters asking you jogged my memory. I f you have Sky watch The Box which my teenagers watch constantly, click on text and anything in yellow is new!! Forgot all about that one!

Spin

Hi Spin, thanks for your reply. It looks like I'm going to have to subscribe to some of these music channels. I used to have Sky but had it took out cause there was never anything worth watching and they tried charging me for two films I had supposedly seen so I don't know whether they've still got my details.

As cell phones are now so important to kids here in Norway i often check out the most sold ringing tones list to discover the most popular tunes! http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Do you know thats exactly what I thought on Sunday. I was reading the magazine you get free with the Sunday paper and at the back there are loads of adverts for ringtones, under the new releases there are one ot two new tunes I was'nt familiar with so they are obviously out or being released soon.

The system I have involves watching no television, reading no magazines, and listening to no muisc, I just ask my daughter what do I need this week.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

sorry if this is against the rules and feel free to remove this post and chastise asap lol but m8 and click on singles, it lists the current top 40 as well as singles to be realeased in future once again sorry if its aganist forum rules

Edited by kazzachi

sorry colonel... but I think you already knew it would get edited! The forum cannot be seen to promote anything that is illegal in the profession...... x

WE LOVE KAREN, AND IT'S GREAT TO HAVE HER BACK !!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx