Dj's United

hi guys great site!!

Im a newbie also but have got most of my gear & have done a couple of gigs for a mate before I decided to take the plunge & have a go on my own.

What I would like to know is what would be a good start for me regarding lighting?

I would like something that is reasonably priced but could do a decent job,quite a few shops have recommended 2 Acme Magic Gobos but some others have said stay away from this particular brand of light.

any of you got any good advice regarding lighting & especially on the Magic Gobos I will be really grateful?

many thanks

Mark

Welcome to DJU - have a look through the knowledge base and previous topics where you'll find lots of useful advice.

Welcome here ! I expect the lighting guys will be here with some advice soon.

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Hi and welcome! :Thumbup:

hi and welcome

They don't call me Krazy for nothing! Krazy by name - Krazy by nature !!!

Age doesn't matter, unless you're a cabinet!

K K Disco

Hi & :welcome:

Eddie

<a href="http://www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk" title="Vibrant Sounds Mobile Disco & Karaoke DJ Ed Bray Eddie Bray eddiebray plymouth devon weddings birthdays parties mobilediscoplymouth" "mobile disco plymouth">www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PAFC Pride of DEVON</span> C'mon U Greens

hi mark welcome to the forum

what sort of budget are you looking at for the lights.we use dynamos they are good but would look at the 250w versions if i was starting now.heres a link to a similar topic

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/index.php?showto...7&hl=lights

you can use the search facility to search for topics,or if you find anything you are thinking of buying ask about them in the buying equipment section someone might find it cheaper for you or be able to tell you some of the prblems they have expirienced with that bit of equipment.

good luck andy