Dj's United

New Licence Law?

hello brothers and sissters long time no speak,due to my full time day job i now work 13 hours a day monday to friday for a ford main dealer and they abuse me and now had to reshape all my dj'ing now.

i heard a rumor the other night and do not know if it is true or not.

apparently a discussion maybe ongoing with local councils that ALL venues might be operating a 12:00(midnight) licence which means that any venue with a local residence with (X amount of distance from a venue), all live music, dj or band must be finished by 12 and NO SOUNDS WHATSOEVER must be heard after 12.

yes that means US would have to look at leaving our equipment (ZERO NOISE OUTSIDE VENUE) at the said venue and return the next day to collect.

as i say it is a rumor and a friend within liverpool city council is gunna try and discretely ask a few questions for me. i DON'T know if it is pure bull :poo: but as i say it is a rumor.

can i ask if anyone around the uk have you heard anything similar or even as a mention someone may have heard somewhere.

IF THIS IS :poo: THEN I WILL ASK A QUESTION, IF THIS RUMOR WAS PUT INTO FORCE,WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS AND FEELING????????????????????????????????????????????

many thanks for your input

DJ FOGGY

PROFESSIONAL DJ+KJ+SOLO VOCALIST

WEDDING SINGER+COVERED UP DUO

TRADITIONAL SCOTTISH PIPER

S.I.A LICENCED DOOR SUPERVISOR

COVERING NORTH WEST AND UK

WEB SITE=www.makemyday2012.co.uk

E-MAIL: djfpromos2@yahoo.co.uk

MOBILE: 07591 755 743

PLI: YES

PAT TESTED: YES

MU MEMBER 490895

CRB CLEARED 09th Feb 2011

Sounds like rubbish, places would not want to run the risk of making noise after midnight. FULL STOP.

Imagine you own a venue, and you will get fined if any noise is heard after midnight, you would close at 6pm every night just to be sure.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

New one on me.

Local Authorities issue Licences. Usually, they have a website where you can look up all the info including any new proposals, forthcoming legislation, etc.

Expect further changes (UK wide) in the not too distant future regarding noise which could affect our trade.

hello brothers and sissters long time no speak,due to my full time day job i now work 13 hours a day monday to friday for a ford main dealer and they abuse me and now had to reshape all my dj'ing now.

i heard a rumor the other night and do not know if it is true or not.

apparently a discussion maybe ongoing with local councils that ALL venues might be operating a 12:00(midnight) licence which means that any venue with a local residence with (X amount of distance from a venue), all live music, dj or band must be finished by 12 and NO SOUNDS WHATSOEVER must be heard after 12.

yes that means US would have to look at leaving our equipment (ZERO NOISE OUTSIDE VENUE) at the said venue and return the next day to collect.

as i say it is a rumor and a friend within liverpool city council is gunna try and discretely ask a few questions for me. i DON'T know if it is pure bull :poo: but as i say it is a rumor.

can i ask if anyone around the uk have you heard anything similar or even as a mention someone may have heard somewhere.

IF THIS IS :poo: THEN I WILL ASK A QUESTION, IF THIS RUMOR WAS PUT INTO FORCE,WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS AND FEELING????????????????????????????????????????????

many thanks for your input

hi folks i dont think this is a rumour i have played in some venues of late and i could not play after 12 apparently birmingham council have put the block on that

It has ben a rule for a long time in Telford & Wrekin Council run venues that the venue must be clear by midnight, including all customers & discos, but this only applies to COUNCIL RUN venues.

Pubs, clubs and hotels have their own licencing rules and regulations.

DJ Dale King

When you see light at the end of the tunnel, beware. It's probably someone with a torch, bringing you more hassle

Council run building - correct, but the original posts states all venue, so that includes pubs

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

I think you'll find it's an obscure bit tucked away in the Licencing Act 2003, that in built up areas (ie. town centers) that are also residential, noise must stop at XX. If you read the Licencing Act 2003, there is enough bits hidden to make us all illegal anyway. Go To Jail, Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect £200.00 :)

..playing all the hits for you...

....whether you may be....

Why can't I see what i going on???

Its part of the Environemntal Noise regulation for Noise.

It can vary i believe from midnight, however its along the lines that no music, amplified singing, etc can be heard inside the relevant property, with windows open as to effect normal ventilation.

Here's the section from our Noise control document for a festival i'm working on this year, that uses standard noise level controls (e.g. not simply put in place for the festival)

Ensure that the music noise level will not exceed 65 dB(A) over a 15 minute period at these locations. Further that between the hours of 2300 – 0100 hours the music noise should not be audible within noise sensitive premises with windows open in a typical manner for ventilation.

A local venue was shut down because a resident in the flats above persistently complained when he could hear even the slightest noise, and he would sit there with the window open and the telly off waiting for it, with the phone in his hand. the Env Health people even said he was being an awkward so and so, but the law was on his side. People living in towns tend not to go that far, but if someone wanted to complain about the slightest noise in the middle of summer, with all windows open, then they would be justified, and the venue subject to a potential £20,000 fine and loss of license.

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

as andy said the rumor is at ANY or ALL venues, and that they will not allow any noise while we pack the car or van.

surely more noise is made from people leaving and getting taxis and singing on the way out.

as i said it is a rumor only at this stage but i wanted to let you know and ask the question.

DJ FOGGY

MU MEMBER 490895

Well, if this were to be the case, what about all of the venues that have paid all of this extra money out with the new licensing laws. Was discussing this with the Entertainment Secretary at one of the Clubs i work at and he was telling me how much it had cost them with regards to keeping the bar open longer. I agree with what someone else has said in their replies, basically to eliminate any noise by the time you had set up at a venue you would have to start packing up after a couple of hours.

Mind you it is another string in the bow for the powers that be to blame the DJ for noise problems when people are leaving the venues at the end of the night i.e. Punters leaving singing New York New York - will be the DJ's fault for playing it at the end.

Will be interesting to see if this comes off and how the clubs themselves will fight back.

Mr P (Chris)

Guy's, stop, look and listen. It is not nessecarily "the DJ" at fault, please take a look at the bigger picture - which started years, years, and years ago. The ultimate aim is to "remove" "entertainment" from the public domain, go to a pre arranged function, were the council is in control, but god forbid you want a "family party" in the local pub / club etc ect.

..playing all the hits for you...

....whether you may be....

Why can't I see what i going on???

hello foggy lad, you scouce git how are ya der whacko?

Sold them ladders of mine yet?

Heard from another DJ the other night, that the Adelphie Hotel in Liverpool was "raided" a few weeks ago.

The DJ was doing a wedding and they made him stop the music mid flow, and converscated his whole equipment!!

They apparantly took all his gear to a place in warrington, inpounded it!

because he had copied music and was working off copied discs etc and a hard drive.

How true this is i dont know, but he has to now prove to them that he has the origional pieces of music at home as "purchased" and they were apparantly working for sony??

as i said not sure how true it is? does it sound like something that would happen?

hello jeff hope your ok buddy, you'll be happy to know i got £50 for your ladders so will send you a cheque for £25 :Thumbup:

i have actually heard of this myself around the north west.

as i understood things, i was under the impression that if you were using the likes of a cdr at a PRIVATE gig ie party, engagement or wedding that the licencing law didn't come into effect, due to the function being PRIVATE and not open to the general public ie PUB NITE.

maybe i'm wrong, i am in the process of converting my discs onto a hard drive for various reasons, where do i stand in that relation then.

i'd like someone to let me know if there is a website or something that states that they can impound all your equipment if you are using cdr's IF the discs itself maybe an infringement of licence laws then.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ???

DJ FOGGY

MU MEMBER 490895

The DJ was doing a wedding and they made him stop the music mid flow, and converscated his whole equipment!!

They apparantly took all his gear to a place in warrington, inpounded it!

because he had copied music and was working off copied discs etc and a hard drive.

How true this is i dont know, but he has to now prove to them that he has the origional pieces of music at home as "purchased" and they were apparantly working for sony??

as i said not sure how true it is? does it sound like something that would happen?

Sounds like the usual BS that does the rounds every so often, everyone's heard of it happening, but no-one actually knows anyone it's happened to.

The main thing I would point out that makes it sound like cack to me; they have absolutely no right whatsoever to cart any of your gear off without a court order and a warrant, doing so would be severely overstepping the mark, and could be construed as theft.

Leading the way in leaving the UK

Last man out turn off the lights !