Dj's United

Just had the local friendly leccy contractor over to do my PAT testing, as it's festival season and busy from next week.

5 1/2 hours later (quarter to midnight finish) and 88 assets and we're finally done!! And we left the 16amp and 32amp power cabling for another time as we didn't have the right adaptors to test it.

I'm now thinking that 12months is going to come around far too quickly for my liking!!

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

had to show mine last month for a wedding and the pli cert as well,got another wedding in the same place in november so thats 2 we wouldnt of had.

Thats my findings as well - I've had PAT/PLI for over 4 years and only ever been asked for them 4 times....

Although those 4 have been in the last 12 months, pretty much

And the one time you need them, you will be glad you have them!!

when you think they only work out a few quid each week,it's worth it for the peace of mind.hopefully you will never ever need to use public liability insurance,but it will only take one claim against you and you could end up losing everything you've ever worked for.it's the same as house insurance/car insurance a total waste of money until you need it.

This year is the first time I've been asked for PAT certs, and thats for 2 out of 3 festivals we're doing so it's covered the cost there. Some of the stuff we tested came straight out of it's plastic wrapping (arrived that day) and was tested. Seems a bit of a waste to be testing something that has come direct from the factory but there ya go, can't argue with the man.

Some of the power cables we're going to be using will be made up on site to fit the tents we're doing so they won't be tested, some things you just can't account for. I'm sure I probably won't actually get asked to produce the cert when i do arrive anyway.

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

Never been asked!

Oliver Head, OTronics Media Services Ltd, Covering Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset and surrounding areas.

Professional Mobile & Radio DJ

PLI (£10m), PAT and DBS (Disclosure) checked

Tel: 07835 485535

Email: enquiries@otronics.co.uk

www.otronics.co.uk

I'm with you guys... I'll still get it as it is only peanuts, compared to how much I charge and it's a good selling point to clients as it shows you "care" about your stuff.

I just wish that more venues would ask for it...

One place I performed at about 3 weeks ago when I asked just said we trust that you have em....

Great.....

Quote norty303:

"I'm now thinking that 12 months is going to come around far too quickly for my liking!!"

I believe we've established now that PAT on a mobile disco should be done every 6 months. That's what I now do, anyhow.

Bet that's upset you!! :D

Anyhow, only been asked for PLI once, and never PAT, although both are required for a forthcoming event.

I must admit before the turn of the milennium I had neither anyhow, but was never asked. I things have changed now though, and I don't think anyone can afford to be without either.

Over all the years ive had kit PAT tested and PLI ive not once been asked for it, And ive worked in all types of venues,

Glad i aint renewing this year,