Dj's United

Question: Elton John & George Michael...

I've been given a playlist of sorts - 4 songs in total, but one of them is listed as:

George Michael & Elton John - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me.

Now, I wasn't aware these two ever recorded this track together - I thought it was only ever a live performance.

Elton John, of course, recorded it on his own years ago.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Cheers.

think i have it on a george michael greatest hits , yep just checked , its called " ladies and gentlemen " double cd

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Thankyou, gentlemen.

That one obviously managed to pass me by. :rolleyes:

Off to eBay then! :D

Have you been living on the moon for the last 10 years maboy! :D

i think its actualy better than the original, I'm sure it was recorded for a tribute concert, because the recording that went to no1 is live, george sings then he says that immortal line - "Ladies and Gentleman - Mr Elton John". I had the single and I believe the B side(remember them) was a version of Queens somebody to love(which I think was taken from the freddie mercury tribute concert).

Virtually starved and out of ammunition 2 Para finally surrenderd at Arhnem.

German Officer :"I have fought many battles including stalingrad, and yet have never met men so skilled in city fighting - where did you learn this?"

British Officer: "Well it was our first time, but we'll try to do better next time"

Woolworths have it here

:D

They don't call me Krazy for nothing! Krazy by name - Krazy by nature !!!

Age doesn't matter, unless you're a cabinet!

K K Disco

Woolworths have it here

:D

Its on the Elton John Greatest Hits 1970-2002 special edition bonus CD as well :joe:

Good Rockin Daddy (Chris)

www.swingcats.co.uk

Music to dance to from 1930's to NOW! Shake your rude box.

Yeovil Somerset 0845 094 3757

Have you been living on the moon for the last 10 years maboy! :D

i think its actualy better than the original, I'm sure it was recorded for a tribute concert, because the recording that went to no1 is live, george sings then he says that immortal line - "Ladies and Gentleman - Mr Elton John". I had the single and I believe the B side(remember them) was a version of Queens somebody to love(which I think was taken from the freddie mercury tribute concert).

Couldnt tell you if the "somebody to love" was a B side of that track......but I certainly have it somewhere....

And IMO both "dont let the sun" and "somebody to love" are amazing covers of the originals....liked them both a lot.

And I think (and Im sure somebody will correct me if Im wrong) that "dont let the sun" was on a Now CD at sometime.......or maybe not.

No - it doesn't appear on any NOW CD.

Quote:

"Have you been living on the moon for the last 10 years maboy!"

Actually, yes. tongue out icon I go there quite often...

I lost touch with contemporary hits for quite a while, and this was obviously amongst them.

Not to worry, as I've now discovered someone nearby who has a copy!

But thanks again all for your help and suggestions as to where I can obtain it. smile icon

EDIT:

"No - it doesn't appear on any NOW CD."

I'll retract that statement, as my collection of NOWs probably doesn't go back far enough. smile icon