Dj's United

Kam Cordless Mics

I have just purchased a new cd mixer/player and getting the corded mic to work is no problem. But im having trouble with the Kam cordless mics. Everything is set up correctly, exactly the same as the corded mic, the power on the mics indicates on the box which mic should be working but absolutely no sound whatsoever. I used them last Friday on the same mixer but havnt managed to get them working since. Has anyone got any ideas?

Hi Phil ,

Kam mic's do have a "gain control" under the battery compartment have you checked this? No it sounds stupid but that could be it,

What model is the KAM Unit?

Id try the gain control first,

Then try a different lead from the kam to the mixer

Also some mixers have the option with the mic input for xlr and jack , if this is the case on your mixer does work on either xlr or jack?

If not ........ back tot he gain control at my guess

let us know how you get on

The cordeds I have used have all had full jacks.

The wireless all seem to use minis or xlr, which means connecting via the back of the mixer (rather than on the front panel - in my case)....this gives a difference input switching (mic1 and mic2).

Stupid as it sounds...have you switched to another input setting as per above????? Its easily forgotten!

Edited by digitaldistortion

Cheers!

Roy B.

Digital Distortion Disco (D3 Entertainments)

See you around!

I knew about the gain on the mics and they are on full. Like i said the mics worked last friday and nothing has changed since then. The Mic box to mixer is jack to jack. There are mic balance inputs at the back of the mic box, which i think are xlr females, butthe manual doesnt explain these. I know the mics work fine, surely there is no compatability issue. In fact i remember now i tested them on my old mixer last week and they failed to work on that aswell. But previously they had been absolutely fine on it. Im totally baffled. :hide:

There are 4 mic inputs on the mixer and the problem remains the same with them all. The mixer has 2 input options, jack or xlr. If the solution is they need to be xlr, why have they supplied only a jack to jack. :nono: