Dj's United

Asian Dj's & Music - Bhangra

Evening Guys,

I started Asian Gigs about 6 months ago, my only problem is warm up, I do not have a continious mix/cd which I can use, as for @ weddings, during the meal or something, it seems that I am always working

Anyone know of some full cd's that are continious Asian/Bhangra sounds that I could use

Help appreciated

J

Music Entertainment covering London & within the M25 Areas

English & Asian Events catered for

www.skydj.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Adding to this, I would like to know what music you would then play?

I have no knowledge of the Bhangra scene and would love to know 5 or 6 tracks that are floor fillers, just in case I ever have any attendees that would appreciate them.

Adding to this, I would like to know what music you would then play?

I have no knowledge of the Bhangra scene and would love to know 5 or 6 tracks that are floor fillers, just in case I ever have any attendees that would appreciate them.

I dont think I have ever had any asians at any of the functions that I have done. It is quite surprising really with the number of discos that I have done in and around Bolton.

Is there something about muslims not drinking alcohol?

Jim

I've done functions for Jehovas Witnesses before and for the Salvation Army who both don't drink and they have been good nights.....

I just would like to know just in case - I have had one function before where the bride was Asian, but at the time of consultation she said she didn't want any Asian music, but on the night relented and asked for some - a little too late.

So any recommendations would be great..

The alcohol wasn't meant to be a reason not to enjoy them selfs, there is none at children's parties which are always great.

It just seems unusual that I haven't seen any at weddings etc.

I think a selection of suitable music would be a great idea if someone can suggest it, after all we are paid to entertain everybody at the party no matter what the musical tastes. Any insight into other types of music can only be a bonus to us.

Jim

Edited by JimBoylan

Evening Guys,

I started Asian Gigs about 6 months ago, my only problem is warm up, I do not have a continious mix/cd which I can use, as for @ weddings, during the meal or something, it seems that I am always working

Anyone know of some full cd's that are continious Asian/Bhangra sounds that I could use

Help appreciated

J

Why not try the mixmeister product.

http://www.mixmeister.com/products.html

If you have / can convert the tracks to mp3 or WAV, Mixmeister will enable you produce a mixed CD using customisable fading / beatmatching etc. It's what the aerobics instructors use for producing CD's

There are other products out there but this is simple to use and cheap. The Express Version is just £25 ($49.99).

We have a NYE party round someones house, so i just rig up my laptop and let people choose their own music by dragging and dropping, it crossfades automatically and keeps the music going.

Hope this helps.

Dave

----------------------------

Thanks ... Dave

Wired For Sound Discos

Guys,

Cheers for some of the suggestions, especially the one about the software, well thank god the misses is Indian, she normally does give me some idea but unfortunately does not tend to get involved too much, although about a week ago she did give me a very long list of decent indian tracks that should rock any indian party, I will endeavour to make a post in the near future

Cheers again

www.skydj.co.uk

I did a wedding gig where there was a large group of Asians. They were up and dancing from the start of the evening. I was asked if I could play any Bhangra I told them I did not have any with me. I spoke to the group and apologised for my not having any Bhangra and no real knowledge of the music.

The Groom came and spoke to me and asked if there was a problem I explained what we had spoken and that if I had known I would have researched it. He went and apologised to the group for not letting me know. They explained to him that they were having a wonderful time and it did not matter. He asked if they had any CD's with them and they produced several CD's.

I was given the CDs by the Groom and was told which tracks to play. The rest of they evening was spent switching between Bhangra and the usual stuff. It was a great evening and I ended up with a HUGE tip from the Asian group. My only regret is that I did not note the CD titles.

A list of popular Bhangra would be great if anyone could post it?

Jim

Digital Fusion Entertainments

Bose L1 system user.

• 2 weeks later...

Evening Guys,

Wot a weekend, and a Free Weekend and done more this weekend than I do when I work!!!!

Anyway down to business, as promised here are a few tracks for those who want to add to there collection of ASIAN MUSIC

WARM UP SONGS – Slower

daroo vich pyar (remix) - stereo nation - hindi remix

Garam Masala 2005 Kiss Me Baby- Udit Narayan, Alka Yagnik & Hunterz

Ride With Me Mix (Haare Haare) - Money Spiner

Pangha - Lembher Hussainpuri

Bishani - Aisa Koi Zindagi Mein

Dosti - Freinds Forever – DJ Xtreme

Kangna (Clubbin Mix)

Rang Rang - Abrar Ul Haq

Dil Lay Gayee - Jasbir Jassi

Masti Hi Masti - Ashok Masti

Machdi Nachdi AA - Preet Brar

Kudi Kudi - Jasbir Jassi

Big Drum Small World - DHOL Foundation

Do the Thang Thang (Bhangra Remix) - Shakti Ft Bikram Singh

Floor Fillers

Sexy Boy - Bobby Friction - Hardkaur

Jaan Panjabi - Punjabi by Nature

Mahi Veh Mahi - Lember Hussainpuri

Akh Largai - feat Shin (DCS) & RoachKill

Paisa - - [yeah remix] - Manak-E

Bong Boogie (Nache) - Hard Kaur

Raahe Raahe – Jassi Sidhu

Desi Tune - (Khiza Ft. Suman) [DJLUV.in]

Dus - Dus Bahane (Magic Mix) - DJ Ishq

50 Cent - In Da Club (Tigerstyle Remix)

Aitraaz- Mixes-Gela Gela Gela

GROUNDSHAKER- Tere Naa Te - Aman Hayer(Mc Special & Sunny Nijjar)

Back To My Other Life – Bobby Friction and Nihal

Bhangra Nights Remixes - Various Artists Over 7 minutes long

Husan - Bhangra Nights V Husan

Hot Hot Hot - Bina Mistry

Shakalaka Baby - Preeya Kalidas & Raza Jaffrey

Boom-Shack-a-Lak - Apache Indian

Mittran De - Punjabi Hit Squad

Das Ja - DJ Sanj

Don’t Be Shy - Rouge

Teri Baaton (Your Words) - Raghav

Dude (Punjabi Hit Squad Mix) - Beenie Man Ft Ms Thing

Hm Tum - Richi Rich Ft Veronica & Juddy D

Any confusion, it is Song Title & Then Artists

Here is a few websites to help out too

www.Punjabi-Hangout.com

http://www.bbc.co.uk/asiannetwork/music/playlist.shtml

http://www.ukbhangra.com/scripts/default.aspx

Regards

J

Skydj

www.skydj.co.uk

Why not try the mixmeister product.

http://www.mixmeister.com/products.html

If you have / can convert the tracks to mp3 or WAV, Mixmeister will enable you produce a mixed CD using customisable fading / beatmatching etc. It's what the aerobics instructors use for producing CD's

There are other products out there but this is simple to use and cheap. The Express Version is just £25 ($49.99).

We have a NYE party round someones house, so i just rig up my laptop and let people choose their own music by dragging and dropping, it crossfades automatically and keeps the music going.

Hope this helps.

Dave

excellent... i'm gonna try that... for house parties i just use media player or iTunes for the exact same job... this could be what i'm looking for!!