Dj's United

Dju Member Website Reviews

Right then...the next DJU member to offer their website for review is SkyDJ.

His website can be found at www.skydj.co.uk

He's got his DJU recipricol link in place (which benefits both his site and the DJU forum in the unblinking eyes of Google and other search engines), so, please go ahead, follow the link and let SkyDJ know what's great about his site, and what parts could be improved upon.

SkyDJ says that he has his fingers crossed...does he need to?

One thing that I think requires attention throughout your site is padding - ie words start right up close to borders.

I haven't read everything because blue on black is not the best combination to make it easy to read but one possible contradiction is

We can provide Full Mobile Disco's & DJ's
&
we do not sub contract work out to other DJ's and only run one show so to avoid any disappointment reserve your date now

Some of your photos display the wrong aspect ratio; either that or there are a lot of very tall thin people in your area :rolleyes:

I'm also not a fan of the animated GIFs.

Don't get me wrong it's not a bad site but it does need some work to give a better professional feel to it.

Overall, brief look, not too bad a site but just needs polishing up.

On the corporate page, it states: We can provide Full Mobile Disco's & DJ's (plural)

But elsewhere it says on the site that you "only run one Mobile Disco at a time" (singular)

If you had a client enquiry (having found your corporate page) for a venue that needed 3 DJs on same night, can you provide the service?

This insurance covers you and your guests in case of any accidents or injuries that occur as a result of a SKYDJ.

From the client's point of view - how many have you had?! Warning!!! :(

Needs slight re-wording to point out the benefits of booking a DJ with PLI as opposed to actually putting yorself in the spotlight as a potential hazzard!

Personally, I feel the text colour is wrong but can see why you chose blue.

Why not try some other ligher blue colours if you must use.

Other Eg

ONLINE BOOKING FORM TO FOLLOW SOON

Recent Parties & Events - Images to follow Soon

Once these in place - will check rest of site.

Many Thanks so far guys

Not bad I suppose for a first time a web building

Appreciate the comment so far and will action this evening once I finish work

And then Dukesy can be let loose on it again

Cheers all for input

J

Overall, brief look, not too bad a site but just needs polishing up.

On the corporate page, it states: We can provide Full Mobile Disco's & DJ's (plural)

But elsewhere it says on the site that you "only run one Mobile Disco at a time" (singular)

If you had a client enquiry (having found your corporate page) for a venue that needed 3 DJs on same night, can you provide the service?

This insurance covers you and your guests in case of any accidents or injuries that occur as a result of a SKYDJ.

From the client's point of view - how many have you had?! Warning!!! :(

Needs slight re-wording to point out the benefits of booking a DJ with PLI as opposed to actually putting yorself in the spotlight as a potential hazzard!

Personally, I feel the text colour is wrong but can see why you chose blue.

Why not try some other ligher blue colours if you must use.

Other Eg

ONLINE BOOKING FORM TO FOLLOW SOON

Recent Parties & Events - Images to follow Soon

Once these in place - will check rest of site.

Music Entertainment covering London & within the M25 Areas

English & Asian Events catered for

www.skydj.co.uk

I honestly think you need to read your text very carefully.

Consider the length of the sentences, and use some punctuation!

Cheers!

Roy B.

Digital Distortion Disco (D3 Entertainments)

See you around!

Hi - Agree with the majority of statements already made and will add a few.

Your logos (and page headings) were made by cooltext I believe. This isn't an issue (as mine are too) but I would recommend changing some of the colours so that they are not instantly recognisable as cooltext images - mainly because a lot of other sites that are self built will do the same (ie use the standard cooltext stuff)

Just my opinion though - you don't want people to get confused between sites...

Not having read the whole site, I will pick on the page I have read that I feel could benefit and reciprocate this to other pages if you feel it helps.

Customers want to know whats in it for THEM - So on the weddings page you say:

All our DJs are professional and experienced and are more than happy to accept guideline playlists from Brides & Grooms in advance if required especially for your 1st Song request (although rigid playlists are discouraged as they can restrict the DJ's creativity.)

I know what you mean, and everyone here knows what you mean, but if I was reading this as someone who had never booked a disco before and associated it with (as the oldies say) that Boom Boom Music, this is what I would think your creativity refers to.

I would re-phrase this to something like:

To ensure that evening goes the way you want it to, all our DJs are professional and have years of experience and we encourage you to provide us an idea of the musical styles or specific tracks that you love - we can then use our experience to blend these into other similar songs so your evening flows perfectly.

Or words to that effect...

Similarly, your statement of We now also cater for Asian Weddings - Including Hindi and Bhangra music - makes it sound like an afterthought.

Something like:

Having performed at many weddings, our vast repetoiur of music ranges from the 40s right through to brand new music. We also have experience in Hindi and Bhangra music, so can entertain at any function you may be planning, including Asian Weddings.

Or something similar....

Background Music - Don't tell them what you will play and that this is what you will do.. Some don't want it (or think that they don't want it) and you could be selling yourself short.

For example:

To enhance your evening, we will discuss with you all your musical requests - If you would like background music to be played whilst your guests are arriving, we can play a selection of your appropriate favourite songs, building to a full dance floor once your first dance has been completed.

Or something like that.....

Again, all this is my opinion, but people always want something - so if you let them know what this is and why it is of benefit to them, you're laughing....

• 2 months later...

Never underline a title, unlined words are usually links on websites so anything else underlined can confuse.

Pics added to first home page would make it look nice.

Good Rockin Daddy (Chris)

www.swingcats.co.uk

Music to dance to from 1930's to NOW! Shake your rude box.

Yeovil Somerset 0845 094 3757

Do you mind if I have a pick?

Firstly, the page width is greater than 800 pixels wide - this means that when viewing the page on a screen area of 800 X 600, I have to scroll sideways to view the entire page. Annoying, and something which would rapidly cause me to move on to the next site.

To cure this, I'd recommend scrapping the current layout where you have two fields of text side by side, and condense it into just one field, which has a variable width. And yes, people do still view pages at low screen areas - either by not having a fully open window, by having the 'favorites' pane open or by using an older computer.

Secondly, check your text for correct punctuation, especially where you've used apostrophes where they shouldn't be.

Thirdly - a pet hate of mine - I don't like this type of thing:

"Sky DJ - Disco Hire offers the best in mobile entertainment"

How can you be sure you are the best?? To me, this just sounds amateurish, and doesn't fool people.

"We will need to know in advance at what time you expect to have your first dance"

Yes, but this is something to be discussed once you've been booked, not before.

I think you are needlessly complicating things for the prospective customer here.

QQ:

There is also no need to go into wedding ettiquette on your site - it's as if you are trying to prove you know all about weddings, which is unnecessary.

PLI/PAT:

You make a big mention of this, but the average client couldn't give a hoot about it, even if they knew what it was. I'd limit it to just a passing mention, no more. It's something many of us splash out on, but don't harp on about it.

I'd move the 'Pricing' to a seperate heading of its own, or remame the 'Booking Form' heading. Hiding it under the 'Booking Form' heading could lead to it being missed altogether.

Stats indicate that a large number of people want to see prices if they are available on a site - make them easy to locate.

Your FAQ:

Some of the questions have been side-stepped - not into politics by any chance, are you??!

Q: "Can I be sure you will get everybody dancing?"

A: "With our experience and vast music collection we would read the crowd and play the right music at the right time."

Hmmm.... In any case, no DJ can guarantee getting 'everybody' up dancing - indeed I'd expect it to be very much a rarity!

Oh well - that'll do for now. smile icon