Dj's United

Are Fane Back In Production Yet?

I'm just wondering whether anyone knows what is happening with Fane, and whether they have got their range of speakers back in production yet. Nothing on the website last time I looked.

I was mortified to hear they are now part of the Eminence group though... :(

I hope I can bag a few Collossus before the quality goes through the floor.

Don't be put off, they were taken over by Precision Devices who were in turn bought out by Eminence Europe or Eminece UK (I forget the exact name) which was simply a European company set up to distribute Eminence, not ACTUALLY owned by Eminence.

There is simply no reason why quality should suffer once they get their manufacturing facilities back online.

Here's a press release from the PD website

Precision Devices acquires FANE

We are proud to formally announce the acquisition of the brand FANE and all assets including finished stock.

All manufacturing staff have been offered positions at our new Precision Devices factory at Wakefield Europort and production on the key Fane products will commence in the near future.

This acquisition opens a very exciting chapter in the development of our company. We now manufacture the two key British brands in our facility and aligned to the distribution of Eminence USA provides us with the opportunity of providing loudspeakers to fit every application and price criterion in both the professional and music instrument sector.

As many of you will already know Arthur Barnes was Managing Director of FANE until 1989, and joined the company in 1966. At that time it was one of the most successful and profitable loudspeaker manufacturers in the world with a brand that was a market leader. Since that time the company lost its drive, direction and energy. The history of FANE goes back since 1952 when they made HiFi and Television speakers. They were at the pioneering stages of loudspeakers with the advent of the Electric Guitar. At that time HIWATT and Sound City exclusively used Fane.

Purchasing the company feels like coming home and we plan to nurture the company into good health and build a company and brand that the British music and professional audio industry can be proud of.

In the short term please direct any Fane enquiries to Precision Devices. We would very much value your support in building a strong dynamic and innovating British company able to compete and be a major force in the world market.

We will update you all with updated marketing information and contact details in the near future and plan to launch the birth of the new FANE at ProLight and Sound, Frankfurt at the end of March. OEM manufacturing will commence immediately.

We look forward to hearing from you and working together in the near future.

Edited by norty303

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

OK, thanks for that. Looks like it's still a 'watch this space' situation at the moment, then.

my first set of 4x12 cabs were a mixture of fane and celestion drivers,in fact i was called out to a barratt housing site on sunday to carry out a boiler repair at the old celestion site of there old manufacturing facility in ipswich.

yes and the address was in celestion drive.

two old codgers who at our age should know better.(G7AJG)