Dj's United

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghh

A few months ago, I up(?)graded the Windows Media Player on my home PC. When the update loaded, it asked me what appeared to be a wonderfully innocent question (at the time)...

"Would you like to enable the Windows Media Server?"

"Yes" I ticked, or clicked or somethink'ed

Now my PC takes ages to boot up, gives me some ol' error message about "WMS idle" is closing donw, whenever I tell the whole PC to close down, and the hard drives are whirring away a lot of the time as the WMS goes hunting for media.

...how do I turn the WMS server/service OFF and/or removing it from my home PC (XP).

It doesnt show up as a component of Windows Media Player, and it doesnt show up in the "Add/Remove Programs".

GGGGGGGGGGGggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Any ideas?

A few months ago, I up(?)graded the Windows Media Player on my home PC. When the update loaded, it asked me what appeared to be a wonderfully innocent question (at the time)...

"Would you like to enable the Windows Media Server?"

"Yes" I ticked, or clicked or somethink'ed

Now my PC takes ages to boot up, gives me some ol' error message about "WMS idle" is closing donw, whenever I tell the whole PC to close down, and the hard drives are whirring away a lot of the time as the WMS goes hunting for media.

...how do I turn the WMS server/service OFF and/or removing it from my home PC (XP).

It doesnt show up as a component of Windows Media Player, and it doesnt show up in the "Add/Remove Programs".

GGGGGGGGGGGggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Any ideas?

Easy peasy! Get a Mac.

Easy peasy! Get a Mac.

I already have a mac

and a brolly :lol: