Dj's United

Mojo Scan 1 Function & Dip Switch Settings

Hi Guys not been on in a long time!

Lost the manual for the scanner and the only one i find online doesnt have full details of the dip switch and function buttons.

Im trying to get it to respond to DMX

Ive set the address on the DMX address bit as theres only one light but theres a function set of dip switches and im sure you have to have a couple on so it responds to dmx.

Geni SC-1 Controller to work with a mojo scan 1

I cannot get the controller to work with the Geni MJC-1 at all.

I have tried flicking every single button on the back and have referred to the manual which was about as much use as a chocolate fireplace.

there are 2 sets of switches on the back of the scanner.

1 set is called "functions" and if I remember rightly some switches on there were for things like tilt up or pan right etc. I have left these all to OFF.

Then there are the dmx address switches on the back which I have switched number 1 on.

Im desperate as i need to get this working for a party on Friday.

Or if possible have you got a copy of one of the manuals for the Mojo Scan 1. The ones supplied with the lights are different to the ones that I have seen on line as some things are missed out i.e the function switches. Its something to do with these function switches i know there is nothing wrong with the controller and i dont think its the lights but you have to have a combination of these function switches on and it puts it into dmx mode or something.

Any help much appreciated.

Are you sure you have 2 sets of dip switches. Every piece of literature i can find says that its a single set that has different functions depending on if its in DMX mode (e.g. DMX connected)

Is this the manual you have?

http://www.skytronic.co.uk/support/manuals.php

Perhaps if you take a photo of the back panel it will help us. As far as i can see, is you need to have dipswitch 1 on and everything else off if the head you wish to control is on channel 1.

The SC-1 manual even has details of what dip settings you need to select for up to 4 heads.

http://www.skytronic.co.uk/rsc/man/100/150429.pdf

Can it be any simpler?

edit: BTW, from the fact that the SC-1 manual shows the last head with function 2 switched on, this may well be a self terminating function. So I'd say that depending on how many heads you have, the last should have this switched on.

2nd edit: Oh yeah, as the SC-1 is a sound to DMX converter essentially, have you actually made any noise once you've plugged it in? I regularly get people who've hired some Martin Destroyers ring me up saying they've plugged them all in and they're not working. I tell them to stamp on the floor and they go 'oh yeah.....'

Edited by norty303

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

It wont let me upload an image.

If u have msn i can send you pic or email you it.

YES i have, the music is on full.

To test it i plugged controller into a different light and although not for that type of light it was sending signals and mirrors were moving.

yes i have got music on

THe controller is ok as i have tried it on a different light and works fine.

You have to use somewhere like imageshack to host your image then link to it. the forum doesn't support hosting pictures.

You use the insert image button and paste the url of your image.

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum