Dj's United

Wedding Reception - Saturday 5th April 2008

Hi Everyone

A good friend of mine is getting hitched next year and has invited me to the Wedding so I need to secure the services of a reliable, experienced jock with good sound and light, music selection and - importantly - the ability to keep their work on the mike to useful announcements only.

The bride (my friend) went to a wedding recently and witnessed a Peter Kay style "personality" DJ who spoke over every record and basically ruined the reception. This has rather filled her with dread and she has phoned me to ask for help as she fears this they will end up with the same. I assured her that this is not the case with all DJs and many (most?) will let the music do the talking.

The venue is a really nice room and you will have the ability to get in and set up without any of the usual wedding hassle/overruns as it is only the reception that is being held there. Part of the reason for picking the room was because the bar is along one side so you also won't have the problem of enticing people in either. The bride's keen to get everyone dancing! It is upstairs though but there is a lift. The function suite has a website so you can take a look at this if you're not familiar with the venue already.

Time of gig is 7.30 until 01.00am. There will be approx.100 guests although the room looks quite large from the photos.

Bride wants a good mix of music as there will be a wide range of ages/tastes (nothing out of the ordinary for a wedding though - thrash metal and German Oompah bands are not required) and, as stated, wants a DJ who will keep the "chat" to an absolute minimum. She may put together a small playlist although I've warned her about making this too long, which met with agreement. The bride wants a pro DJ who will use their own judgement and skill.

Needless to say I'm pretty nervous about helping with this (for obvious reasons) so will want to check out your credentials (oooh errr). Seriously though, I'm most keen to help this go off very smoothly!

Please PM me if you are interested with some contact details and an indicative guide price so we can have a chat and I will then put you in contact with the bride to finalise the arrangements direct.

Just to be 100% clear I am not making any financial gain out of this. Would be happy to discuss reciprocal work in West Yorkshire though!

Kind regards

Tim