Dj's United

Perhaps got a few gigs coming up in local high schools(usual xmas type functios - 7pm - 10pm), question is, what kind of discounts would you offer, assuming your average fee is £150? Schools are a mixture of local authority and private. Schools have expressed interest in using me as I can put out the largest, most "nightclubby"(their term!) setup in the area.

You could offer incentives to the schools / private clients to settle your payment terms before the actual date ( X% discount) as one idea.

Now that you've mentioned it, in terms of largest and 'nightclubby', what do you mean? Please excuse the pun but care to expand on this! :D

In their terms(!), most of the discos they have had in the past have been what I would term a 'usual' mobile disco(which I also put out), pair of 15"s on tripods, front boxes, couple of chaoss type effects(all the norm for this area). For my larger gigs, hire rigs, bands etc I use an Ohm BR & QSC rig, a mixture of Martin 518 & 918 scans, DLP projectors etc. Obviously not all of this would be supplied for a basic rate but goes some way to providing the extra "wow" factor, hope this makes sense!!

For my larger gigs, hire rigs, bands etc I use an Ohm BR & QSC rig, a mixture of Martin 518 & 918 scans, DLP projectors etc. Obviously not all of this would be supplied for a basic rate but goes some way to providing the extra "wow" factor, hope this makes sense!!

That is pretty much a normal setup.

I wouldn't think that the school would know the difference between your kit and any other mobile DJs kit.

Have you got a website that shows them your setup?

Jim

Up here(in Scotland), a normal show is the 2 15"s on tripod type. When I explain to people what I can offer i usually get, "thats a bit much" etc etc, followed by I can get XXX for £90.

Not got a website @ the mo, kit is x4 BR218 Subs, x4 BR15 tops, x2 QSC4050 & x2 C-AudioRA3001 & an assortment of Martin & Futurelight stuff.

Will try and get some pics uploaded when rig next out on hire etc.

That is pretty much a normal setup.

I wouldn't think that the school would know the difference between your kit and any other mobile DJs kit.

Have you got a website that shows them your setup?

Jim

I would tend to be in agreement here...but maybe the norm is somewhat different in the part of Scotland that CMJ is...????

Cheers!

Roy B.

Digital Distortion Disco (D3 Entertainments)

See you around!

With my setup the only part that I think makes mine unique is the lasers.

I have 3, two are RGY and the main one is full colour (RGB) and I have the software and hardware to control them, I can do my own graphics and writing with them all rather than the usual factory set DMX patterns that most others do.

I've probably invested about £3k in them.

Jim

A typical disco up here(Edinburgh, Fife & Tayside) is x2 Peavey Hisys2 type cabs on tripods, x2 front screen horrors, x2 datamoon type fx, twin cd, mixer & amp. A wee bitty different to what I carry, trying to explain the difference to clients is an uphill struggle though :hurt:

Cheers, C

why wouldn't you use all the kit for the price??...

i usually take everything that will fit...

it only sits in the garage gathering cobwebs otherwise.

especially at a school, you're gonna have loads of kids who are coming up to 18 and wanting birthday parties!!...