Dj's United

Well, after taking 2 months out since my son was born, I am back this weekend and back to a function that is not one of my favourites....Yes, a male 18th?

I am not a nervous person at all, apart from the opening of any function. But as a rule I do not do any 18th. For some reason, I have got two in the next three weeks, it must have been a weak moment, when their parents, whom I know asked me.

So my only questions are:

Do you treat these functions different to any other?

What do you do prior to buffet, as the music quiz I usually have a laugh with will not suit the youngsters?

Which up to date tunes should I have ready to play?

As usual your help is invaluable.

Thanks

Neil

Well, after taking 2 months out since my son was born, I am back this weekend and back to a function that is not one of my favourites....Yes, a male 18th?

I am not a nervous person at all, apart from the opening of any function. But as a rule I do not do any 18th. For some reason, I have got two in the next three weeks, it must have been a weak moment, when their parents, whom I know asked me.

So my only questions are:

Do you treat these functions different to any other?

What do you do prior to buffet, as the music quiz I usually have a laugh with will not suit the youngsters?

Which up to date tunes should I have ready to play?

As usual your help is invaluable.

Thanks

Neil

There is another open thread at the moment listing some tracks for an 18th.

Just treat it the same as any other party but make sure you have some of the latest tracks.

The age range at the do will still be from 0 to 80 as even 18 year olds have baby cousins and grand parents.

The only difference that an 18th involves is the volatile nature of the 16+ year olds that are getting drunk for the first time.

Jim

Take plenty of volume along with you if you can, you may find it useful;

Also, don't leave the oldies at home - bring everything with you, especially the classic rock tracks.

Remember though, you will still be essentially playing for the females in the group - lads don't tend to dance a lot uless they are well-oiled. smile icon

Finally, ask the birthday boy what he & his friends like to hear - that's your best bet.

I recommend you take some drum n bass:

Pendulum - Slam

Peshay - you got me burning

DJMarky & XRS - LK

That should get them bouncing off the walls later on

Oh, and they are all on itunes :Thumbup:

I recommend you take some drum n bass:

Pendulum - Slam

Peshay - you got me burning

DJMarky & XRS - LK

That should get them bouncing off the walls later on

Oh, and they are all on itunes :Thumbup:

Cheers Brian, you help and knowledge is appreciated.

I do a lot of 18th birthday partys and they usually work better when there is a minimal amount of adults, the music they like can vary somewhat from current trends to 70's and 80's and most also like the party stuff.I'm fortunate to get repeat bookings on nearly all of the 18th partys ive done so must be doing something right. Theres a few pics on the website of one of the 18th's ive done.

alan

STROBE DISCO SHOW

01782 713277

07802 489555

I do a lot of 18th birthday partys and they usually work better when there is a minimal amount of adults, the music they like can vary somewhat from current trends to 70's and 80's and most also like the party stuff.I'm fortunate to get repeat bookings on nearly all of the 18th partys ive done so must be doing something right. Theres a few pics on the website of one of the 18th's ive done.

alan

Ditto! - enough said!

Sometimes in the pursuit of perfection one can get blinded by size.

If you believe you can acheive.

Add life to your days not days to your life.

[/url][/img]