Dj's United

Bill Fitzmaurice Speakers

Hi all.

Thought I would let you know about these speakers.

Yes, you do have to build them, but when made correctly with the recomended driver, there is now out there to touch these.

billfitzmaurice.com/.

The ones I am building are the OMNI 12 tops ( with melded tweeter array). and 2 TUBA 30`s.

The thing about the subs, as in all subs, point em against the wall, out of sight bu not out of sound.

Also because of the design you dont need so many watts to obtain the same SPL ( cheaper amps??).

When I have built mine I`ll send some pics.

Cheers.

Daryll

Well done, Daryll.

That's the way to get good performance from not so many pounds - the disadvantage is that you have to spend time on building them, but I'd say from experience that if you can find that time, go for it!

All the speakers I've ever used for PA have been home built.

You might be interested in some threads from a forum I moderate called speakerplans.com

The one below is a pictoral build of the Omni cabs. Insomnia is a great chippy, and might well be able to build them for less than it would cost for materials and tooling if you don't own it already. Of course you may well be getting the fun from the build itself, in which case enjoy!! :)

http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12372

There are also some threads where the Omni has been tested from a scientific viewpoint, as Bill's claims on his website are fairly hotly contested in some circles. Might be worth a read to get a slightly different perspective on them. A search for 'omni' should turn up quite a few pages of stuff.

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum