Dj's United

Your Most Favourite Type Of Function...

Most Favourite and Least Favourite Type of Function  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 months later...

I'm beginning to think I prefer teenager parties - they have so much energy and really react to the music.

Just the same way we used to in our teens, but to different music.

If you wish to create the 'glory days', you can still do it, it's just that the music is different.

Worst type of gig is a pub gig - to the point I no longer accept them. Reason being vile people and music choices.

I think it depends on the area. I stopped doing pubs (in the South East / London areas) around 1998 for same sort of reason. but went back to the pubs around 2004 (Cambridgeshire) and really enjoyed it.

Would I gig in a pub again? Yeah, sure. But I'd want to know a lot first!

I'm beginning to think I prefer teenager parties - they have so much energy and really react to the music.

I agree, I much prefer anything in the 13-21 age bracket.....as they seem to like all the kinds and types of music I like too!

I almost always seem to get a glowing report from the customers when doing these types of parties, if I was to be asked what type of function I think I perform best at it would be the teenagers parties.

Not at all keen on the pre-teens........too much running around screaming and other nonsense.

The other week I was performing at a wedding with a band, the band kindly left me to "babysit" their equipment while they disapeared before it was time for their first set which was later in the evening.

NEVER AGAIN!!!! I was really starting to get fed up of trying to DJ and keep the kids from trashing their gear, this was despite repeated requests to the guests to control their children! Trouble is most of the time they dont care, they bring their kids with them then forget about them and just let them do what they like, leaving the DJ to try and keep order!

I like kids, but only in quantities of less than 5 in a room.....any more than that and it gets a bit much to cope with for me.

Kids are the best man. Done a funday the other week and there was 166 kids there or summit! All under 13! That was a fun time

GDK Entertainments

Raising The Standards In Entertainment

M 0783 529 5169

E info@gdkentertainments.co.uk