Dj's United

Denon Or Pioneer?

I used to gig at some clubs on the East coast, and has the pleasure of turning up one night in the 80's when only 1 turntable was working and half the light bulbs were blown.

My advice is take your own cd player/ record decks and a spare mixer, because in my experience in-house gear has always bee very poor indeed.

After a lapse of a couple of years I went back to my old venue for a drink and they've had new again. A new media server, new mixer (Denon DNX800) and new CD player (DND4500).

Sound system still the same. (The brewery that installed it was Allied Domecq who dont even own the place anymore!!)

As this is a discussion of the merits of Pioneer and Denon, I should also add that another venue I frequent have (in the last 10 years) got through a Kam CD player, 2 Pioneer CDJ500's, 6 Pioneer CDJ100's, 2 Pioneer CDJ1000's and a Pioneer CDJ800. Also three complete sound systems, a Formula Sound and Allen & Heath mixer and 3 technics SL1210 turntables. These are not the result of refurbs or refits but just as replacements.

And that's before we start on the lighting...but that would be OT.

I doubt that anyone can truly make DJ-proof CD players, respect due!