Dj's United

How do you know when your safe to drive again and I'm no doc but i thought we all always had traces of alcohol in our blood....

Must just add I dont work and drink or drive for that matter....

Nik

From my experience working in the police you can never tell there are soooo many different factors that can make you fail one night, even if on another night you drank the same you would pass.

I dont drink and drive full stop. Seen too many bad accidents that have put me off for life.

DJ Jenx

www.JenxDisco.co.uk -

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont drink and drive full stop. Seen too many bad accidents that have put me off for life.

I agree with that completely, and Im the same through my work with the ambulance service.

But I at least have never had the unfortunate task of going round to a relatives house and telling them that their son/daughter/mother/farther has been killed in a road accident caused by a drink driver like the police have too.....

You can all sit their and declare that your ok to drink and drink as long as your under the legal limit........

Lets say you have an accident after one pint.......and you kill somebody.....you will be breathalysed after the accident......you will (probably) pass the breathalyser so you wont get prosecuted........but you will allways be left with that feeling for the rest of your life that maybe if you hadnt had that pint you wouldnt have had the accident because your reactions would have been just that fraction of a second faster, that fraction of a second could make the difference.

ANY ammount of alchohol in your system WILL slow your reactions down, that has been proven.

Oh and by the way, Im not a "churchgoer" or a goodytwoshoes, I have my faults like everyone, but I can see the difference between right and wrong..........and drinking any alchol and driving is wrong (maybe not in the eyes of the law) but its moraly wrong.

If you are doing a disco from say 7.30 until 12.00. Would you have an alcoholic drink at all during that time? :dan: Do you drink booze at all while you are working?

Please note the original topic...

Oh and by the way, Im not a "churchgoer" or a goodytwoshoes, I have my faults like everyone, but I can see the difference between right and wrong..........and drinking any alchol and driving is wrong (maybe not in the eyes of the law) but its moraly wrong.

no one condoning drinking and driving. I am saying that having a drink if you are doing a disco it is not a mortal sin and imho not in anyway unprofessional..saying that getting blitzed is a totally different matter

I don't think joe meant for this subject to get into a debate on the right and wrongs of drink driving

it is a personal choice if the dj has a drink and definitely not a good enough reason to get all wound up and serious .

Yea I know that Jukebox, and I have not forgotten the original topic, I posted my views on drinking while djing being unprofesional earlier on, but thats a matter of oppinion.

ALL Professions would not allow you to drink while performing your job, I just dont see why DJing is any different. I really dont see why people need to drink to relax, or people need to drink to have a good time.....you can relax have fun and be professional without drinking at all.

Their was however somebody that seemed to be boasting that they had been stopped by the police 3 times after a gig, breathalysed twice and passed both times, not getting at anyone inpaticular, just making an observation.

If your not driving then its personal choice if you drink or not while giging.......if however your driving as many of us do....then you shouldnt be drinking that was my only point.

Edited by NRG Roadshow

ALL Professions would not allow you to drink while performing your job, I just dont see why DJing is any different.

I think this is a little different.Sometimes a drink helps you to mould into the occasion.Unlike most of you I do not have a table in front of me when I'm working.

I work as a Cabaret Singer would......Full length on show......working from my computer and stack to the left of me ....People have commented on how different and effective it is.

In that scenario....they have a pint on the table......I'll have one too.

Glad we are getting off the issue of drink drivers.....nobody is condoning that on here.

They are on the same ladder as paedos for me.

I just dont get why people think they need to drink to have a good time and join in the fun with the punters......I just dont get it.

I can do my job, relax, have fun and all without a drink inside me.

I personally think its funny to see drunk people when your stone cold sober......

I personally think its funny to see drunk people when your stone cold sober......

When you're working and the gear is danger from then, it's downright scary. :fright:

You want me to play what?

Secretary of NADJ, Member of SEDA

Magic Moments.. making your moment magic