Dj's United

Weekend 16th To 18th November

Well Friday has gone so a bit late starting this thread.

Tonight the ttiger and Oldsoul roadshow hits the scene again at a sailing clubs Laying Up Supper & Prizegiving evening.

Chosen track to play is Sailing by Rod Stewart tongue out icon

Must remember to take my camera.

club and club

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

I did my sisters 60th birthday last night. Was hoping to fit in one of those tunes from the other thread, but I was on edge all night as the sound just didn't seem to sound right, even using the mic. Going to have to have another look at that before Friday.

Was frustrated as well because I was asked for Rolf Harris's - Court of King Caractacus, and it would have gone really well after I Am The Music Man, but the damn CD wouldn't play track 16 in either the CD/Karaoke player, or the laptop CD drive. It would jump from track 14 to 17, and wouldn't let me play any track in between. Tried it in the CD player at home today and it works fine. (It's a copy protected CD so it won't let me rip it to the laptop, hence I carry the CD with me).

And, I forgot to take the camera :wall:

Quitting Smoking & Drinking doesn't make you live longer

It just feels like it.

Good news is I remembered my camera. Bad news is, this was the only picture I got. We were upstairs where the lights are.

http://www.ttiger.co.uk/pictures/stonecc.jpg

The picture doesn't do your rig any justice :bouncy:

I'm sure there is a legitimate reason for taking that pic, can't for the life of me think why though :shrug: .

Jim

Edited by JimBoylan

I knew someone was bound to come out with that line.

Prepared? No.

In the event? Yes.

my weekends are usually the same took satursay off for a wee change but still fri,sun, and monday at my ressies only thing different this week is using my denon hd2500 fro the first everything gone fine :joe: glad i finally got the nerve up to take it out no looking back now

Edited by EdBray

The picture doesn't do your rig any justice :bouncy:

I'm sure there is a legitimate reason for taking that pic, can't for the life of me think why though :shrug: .

Jim

Thats my rig in the right hand corner tongue out icon

I was going to type some more last night but (a) felt tired and went to bed (b) thought it better to wait until Old Sole posted so I could then reply and defend myself :rolleyes:

It was another 'erm interesting night. I had just moved my car and picked up the camera out of the car which I hadn't used for a while. Stuck in the batteries and it kept coming up with setup screens, time, date, background picture etc. so the picture was a test to make sure it was all working.

The guests started filtering into the upstairs room at about 8.30 as planned and we were originally told to play background music for the first hour and then start the disco. At 9.30 they were just starting deserts so continued with background music. 10.30 they were clearing away the plates and tidying up but everyone was sitting chatting and the room lights were on but we were playing more upbeat music. At about this time, we were looking around the room looking for any foot tappers or anyone moving to the beat of the music when Neil pointed out a lady sitting quite close to the speakers with her eyes closed - asleep. I thought she may of been nodding to the beat of the music but her timing was a bit out.

11.00pm the rooms lights were finally turned off and the disco started until the finishing time of 12.30.

I would say the average age of the guests was 50 and quite a few adjourned to the downstairs when the volume increased and the disco lights were turned on.

After only playing 1.5 hours of disco music, I was wondering what the client would say but at the end of the night they were over the moon, said it was just perfect. Gave everyone time to chat and relax and they were well pleased.

So nothing really to take pictures of and I didn't want to take any while people were eating which was most of the night.

Did I smell that bad last night that you're now referring to me as a fish?

Actually i'd forgotten about the women asleep, so you could have saved yourself some embarresment there, and so could I if I could spell it :rolleyes:

I got a couple of pictures as we were setting up, but haven't downloaded from the camera yet, I'll put one up when I do. As Tony said, once it started there wasn't much to take piccies of, which was predictable really, the one we did a fortnight ago was stuffed out with long, long legs and short dresses, and we both forgot cameras, last night we both remembered, and well yeah :rolleyes:

Neil B

Did I smell that bad last night that you're now referring to me as a fish?

Actually i'd forgotten about the women asleep, so you could have saved yourself some embarrassment there, and so could I if I could spell it :rolleyes:

I got a couple of pictures as we were setting up, but haven't downloaded from the camera yet, I'll put one up when I do. As Tony said, once it started there wasn't much to take piccies of, which was predictable really, the one we did a fortnight ago was stuffed out with long, long legs and short dresses, and we both forgot cameras, last night we both remembered, and well yeah :rolleyes:

Apologies, it must have been all that fresh sea air making me think of fish.

Fri end of school Party for School of Pyschology good night mix of young hotties

and teachers. Got to play One Nation Under A groove (Surprisingly requested by an 18 year old lad)

Sat Double 60th Birthday for Husband and wife.

Mon back at real job Knackered

Quite and enjoyable weekend here in the end

Thursday.....Xmas party in Bristol

Friday.... Wedding in Cardiff

Saturday...Wedding in Yorkshire

Sunday...kids charity games day

Worst was coming back from Yorkshire when the snow started coming down. Horrendous trip back. Was coming through Derybshire at about 3am and I couldn't see anything. Had to stop a couple of times.

Sunday was fun even though I havent done a kids party in nearly 10 years. They had a magician, a circus school and then I did some silly games and an hour of disco. Loads of bubbles and also managed to get my old snow machine working, so good day in all.

Usual pub Saturday. 3 birthday groups in. A bit slow starting, then they didn't want to stop! Cheesy disco type of night with much loud singing-along.

Didn't have a lot of requests ...................... but they did ask for Xmas songs. :wall: Had to play some so gave them Slade, Wizzard & Mel & Kim. Will put playlist on the other thread when it's downloaded from the laptop.

You want me to play what?

Secretary of NADJ, Member of SEDA

Magic Moments.. making your moment magic

Usual pub Saturday. 3 birthday groups in. A bit slow starting, then they didn't want to stop! Cheesy disco type of night with much loud singing-along.

Didn't have a lot of requests ...................... but they did ask for Xmas songs. :wall: Had to play some so gave them Slade, Wizzard & Mel & Kim. Will put playlist on the other thread when it's downloaded from the laptop.

This week or last week?

Weekend 16th To 18th November

:shrug: