Dj's United

10u / 4u Rack Case

Any recomendations for a 10u /4u Rack gase with slant top for mixer?

Or a 10u-2u / 11u-2u /11u 4u

Are there any retailers on this site who offer discounts to DJU members? or to the DJA?

Any recomendations for a 10u /4u Rack gase with slant top for mixer?

Or a 10u-2u / 11u-2u /11u 4u

Are there any retailers on this site who offer discounts to DJU members? or to the DJA?

This is one area certainly where i've gone the Ebay route. If I'm not in a rush I look for sellers close to me and collect, saving the postage. Normally you get can them for about 50%-60% of the new price and some of them have been barely used.

Dave

----------------------------

Thanks ... Dave

Wired For Sound Discos

Matt,

I just bought one of these KAM 11U 2U Slant Flight Case

Not a bad price at £99

http://www.discoworlduk.com/

One thing that has confused me slightly...........the bottom is meant to be 2u......but I reckon you could fit 4u of kit in the bottom, why is this?

It may be better for me though......coz Im planning on dropping the slant top down a bit in the case and making it more slanted. so the extra coupls of U in the front face will allow me to do that.

The only reason I wanna drop the slant top a bit is because when I put it on the top deck of my girarfe stand its a tad high to reach the controls easily......but then Im not very tall at 5'8"....

Either that or I will have to stand on a box behind my deckstand tongue out icon

Why oh why do people go for the Kam kase versions!!!

Like you mentioned nick their so over rated in space!

The Road ready case range is not only built with exact size dimensions, but their build rating is so so so much better than the Kam kase range.

Ill be down at the East Anglian meet tomorrow with some of Road Readys range of cases. Come and see the quality for yourself!

Depends if you want to put an amp at the bottom and how deep your mixer is.

I have a DN-X500 and a 2U amp so it should fit in an 11U 2U case right ?

Wrong, the mixer is too deep for that. I have an 11U 3U case and everything fits snugly in there.

Well, the KAMCASE hasnt arrived so i rang the compnay and told they dont have stock till next week, Ive cancelled my order and got a full refund.

So i had a look at the Roadready cases and there cheaper! plus they look just as good.

So i might order one of those.

Why oh why do people go for the Kam kase versions!!!

Like you mentioned nick their so over rated in space!

The Road ready case range is not only built with exact size dimensions, but their build rating is so so so much better than the Kam kase range.

Ill be down at the East Anglian meet tomorrow with some of Road Readys range of cases. Come and see the quality for yourself!

Nothing wrong with the Road Ready cases, and if somebody had been selling them at BPM I would have bought one their and then, but no they was only on display.

I prefer the one I have now anyway......and with dropping the slant top down a couple of inches and making it more slanted it will be just about spot on.

So the nick,

With a standard 2U cd player on the bottom how much room do have between the mixer and cd player drawers

and how much space is there left besides the 2U (if any)

So the nick,

With a standard 2U cd player on the bottom how much room do have between the mixer and cd player drawers

and how much space is there left besides the 2U (if any)

I hsve not measured it.....

But I reckon you would get 4u of gear in it easy......

Possibly 41/2 or 5u depending on the mixer.....

Right - Just ordered my rack case

Roadready version - should be here tommorrow

The only thing im looking for now is a shelf that can be fitted to the side so i can put the laptop on it

Something like this?

http://www.roadreadycases.com/products/normal/RRMW_N.jpg

Image courtesy of Roadready Cases

Any ideas where i can purchase such item :shrug:

Cheers Guys

:Thumbup:

Edited by mattaious

Why oh why didnt you contact me mattaious!!!!

Im a Road Ready main UK dealer and case designer, so could of done you a superb price!

What case did you get and what price did you pay? Cause i could of done you a superb deal being a Road Ready designer and main uk dealer for them!

And just so your aware and you dont go waisting your money...that rack shelf that applies to the side of the slant racks...it will only fit to slant rack cases that have a MINIMUM of 6U depth on the bottom section.

If you go for a smaller case that that, they wont fit on.

If you go for a smaller case that that, they wont fit on.

why not?

Surely its just a shelf that clips on :shrug:

I went for the 11u/4u slant top mixer case - £80 delivered.

If i cant get a roadready shelf ill make one meself.

Wish I had known you was a dealer Adam....

I liked the look of the RoadReady case at BPM, and would have bought one their and then if I had been able too.

Went for the KAMKase as I thought it was easier to get hold of....

Oh well next time I need a new one I will be in touch lol

• 1 month later...

Still sorting out a shelf at the mo

Unsure why the roadready version wont fit other smaller sizes.

Im considered getting an old Portable tv bracket (then one you attahc to the wall) removing the bit the telly sits on and then some how making a quick fix system to hook on the side.

:shrug:

Hi i would recomend you go to a place called stewart electronics and he has 2 types of 10u/4u cases in one at £64.95 (carpet) and one at £84 (alluminum). visit www.stewartelectronics.co.uk . Hope it helps.

www.freewebs.com/djs-for-hire

I have a Kam case as you say can't get anything but mixer and cd decks in.Very heavy too..... I am looking for a 4U flight box, to put my Kam 1930 mic rack in and convert to hold two harddrives as well. This will sit under the Kam lid which turned upside down makes a great laptop bay.

I was looking at this as a cheap option

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=002

any better ideas?

Good Rockin Daddy (Chris)

www.swingcats.co.uk

Music to dance to from 1930's to NOW! Shake your rude box.

Yeovil Somerset 0845 094 3757

I like nick wanted to buy a road ready at BPM but out of the amazing array of cases none where for sale and the chap supervising the stand said they didnt hold any stock in the UK.

I got the 2U 11U KamKase and i too need a laptop shelf and agree with nick over the excess space on the front face.

If ADH could explain why a minimum of 6u depth is required i could perhaps modify it for my needs but i have a feeling it will be a bit pricey to buy in the first place.

Think i will nip back to my metal fab days and knock one up myself.

Sometimes in the pursuit of perfection one can get blinded by size.

If you believe you can acheive.

Add life to your days not days to your life.

[/url][/img]

If the Kam case has a fully removable lid, turn it upside down, place it next to the box and put laptop in that, I have added two battery operated LCD lights, (hardware store) which have proved great for light and long life.

Good Rockin Daddy (Chris)

www.swingcats.co.uk

Music to dance to from 1930's to NOW! Shake your rude box.

Yeovil Somerset 0845 094 3757