Dj's United

Stars On 45

Rarely but a couple of weeks ago where the cheese started early and I was digging deep into my music collection for the next track, I played the Abba one and it went down OK. Didn't cut off much of the intro.

I have never been asked for it and I never choose to play it, although as has been said I would if it was requested. I have it on my Juke Box in the house and have been known to play it accidently :aa

I don't think I have ever played it at a function.

Tight fit 'Back to the 60's' was popular in the 1980's but not played since then.

Jive Bunny is played about once or twice a year by request.

Not too keen on these tracks but sometimes they do have their place, maybe at a mixed family party with old folk.

The second disco I ever did (a few weeks ago!!), was a 30's birthday party and this guy said to me at the beginning just don't play "In The Mood" by Jive Bunny because you'll clear the floor. I was on the last hour of the night and had just put on Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" and the cd started skipping right at the beginning of the track. Being a complete novice I slid the crossfader across and pressed the button just hoping any music would start and not skip. Yep you've guessed it, it was In The Mood. Everyone got up and started dancing to it and it really kicked things off again after the setback. I had to grin to myself. Not sure what the moral of that story is... in the words of Chuck Berry "it goes to show you never can tell". :mikee:

Edited by llcooljoe

I am whatever you say I am

Not sure what the moral of that story is... in the words of Chuck Berry "it goes to show you never can tell". :mikee:

The moral of the story is, you will allways get people coming up to you at gigs saying they know what the poeple are going to like and what the people will dance too.....

Fact is these people rarely know their elbow from another piece of their anatomy......so smile and say "ok, mate" and send them on their way.....then rellie on your own judgement as to what will work and what wont.....thats one of the reasons why people employ a DJ so they can use their skill and judgement to keep the party going.

Sometimes the "OMG I aint heard this for ages" factor is just what you need to get people off their seats and up for a boogie LOL

A tune I often pull out for this purpous is Be*witched - Cest la vie LOL

The moral of the story is, you will allways get people coming up to you at gigs saying they know what the poeple are going to like and what the people will dance too.....

Fact is these people rarely know their elbow from another piece of their anatomy......so smile and say "ok, mate" and send them on their way.....then rellie on your own judgement as to what will work and what wont.....thats one of the reasons why people employ a DJ so they can use their skill and judgement to keep the party going.

Sometimes the "OMG I aint heard this for ages" factor is just what you need to get people off their seats and up for a boogie LOL

A tune I often pull out for this purpous is Be*witched - Cest la vie LOL

Spot on.