Dj's United

Licenses And Insurance

Im looking to start up my own business, what insurance would i need and would licenses would i need.

I plan to work mainly on cd's (not copies) and possibly off the the computer but my current music wouldbnt be legal as it has either been ripped and the cds lost or borrowed.

I would doing private and public events hopefully i dont quite understand about the laws on these ( what the differance)

Thanks Greg

Im looking to start up my own business, what insurance would i need and would licenses would i need.

I plan to work mainly on cd's (not copies) and possibly off the the computer but my current music wouldbnt be legal as it has either been ripped and the cds lost or borrowed.

I would doing private and public events hopefully i dont quite understand about the laws on these ( what the differance)

Thanks Greg

Useful links for those Getting Started can be found here including insurance info, Musicians Union, Association links, etc.

This topic is in the 'Getting Started' topic area - contents here

If interested in Workshops, Courses, Training and Careers Advice, links to UK courses & training, look here

• 3 weeks later...

Im also lookin to start up a djing career and I have one questions. Do you need any sort of licence to play on CDJs?

Thanks for the help in advance....

Probably not. It depends on the function.

Check out the DJ Licence Grid at http://www.djlicence.org.uk/pdffiles/Licen...20Royalties.pdf

It will tell you all the current licences.

You want me to play what?

Secretary of NADJ, Member of SEDA

Magic Moments.. making your moment magic