Dj's United

Smoke Machine Advice

Hi all, newbie to the forums here! Had an old cheapy antari smoke machine for a few years, never really used it. But since the smoking ban been thinking of getting a haze machine or maybe a new smoke machine as where mine hasn't really been used it has a really poor output! I've found since the smoking ban the lights just don't look as good, Especially my laser. Anyway I've been offered a antari z3000 smoke machine for a very good price, looks like its a very powerful machine. I was just wondering if anyone knew if I could use it with haze fluid as it does have adjustable timer and volume and use it like a hazer. Any advice would be great.

Hi all, newbie to the forums here! Had an old cheapy antari smoke machine for a few years, never really used it. But since the smoking ban been thinking of getting a haze machine or maybe a new smoke machine as where mine hasn't really been used it has a really poor output! I've found since the smoking ban the lights just don't look as good, Especially my laser. Anyway I've been offered a antari z3000 smoke machine for a very good price, looks like its a very powerful machine. I was just wondering if anyone knew if I could use it with haze fluid as it does have adjustable timer and volume and use it like a hazer. Any advice would be great.

No,

with smoke machines the smoke shoots out of the nozzle at quite an high pressure that projects it across the room.

Haze machines let the 'smoke' out at a much slower rate and a fan is used to project it.

I believe that the temperature that each machine operates is also different.

Jim

Jim

I'm with CMJ on this one.

I know the Antari Z300 hazer-fazer was dual standard but I can't vouch for any others. Just putting haze fluid in a smoke machine won't do, they usually cough and spurt and the stuff belches out like car exhaust fumes..neither one thing nor another.

If you want the ultimate in haze machines then you want the LOOK UNIQUE 2 hazer. i have one and to say they are awesome is an understatement, at £600 they are not cheap but you can use them almost anywhere, even underneath fire alarms which i regulary do and have not set one off yet.

there is very little fluid usage as well, i am just about through half of a small container, about half a litre. you can program them to have the ultimate in fine mist, to having the thickest fog you will ever need and it can fill a large room in seconds.

if you use a haze machine a lot i think its false economy buying these antari ones, iv been through 2 in 12 months, and you cant use them at every venue.

Of course i know that these are not in everyones budget, but they are the best out there. no question :rolleyes:

WWW.HONKYTONKSULTIMATEDISCOS.COM

• 2 weeks later...

The higher range Antari foggers are actually not too bad, the Z3000 falling into this category. However, it would need to be a really silly good deal for me to buy one over one of the Stairville offerings, which give very similar specs, but at a fraction of the price. We have been, and will be, using Stairville on festival stages over the summer.

Add the cost of a fan and you have something that is approaches what a hazer will give you (and many cheaper hazers are not really hazers, only a fogger with a fan fitted)

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

definitally go with a hazer most venues wont letvyou use smoke machines but if you hit them with the tecnicallity of its not smoke its haze and that it dosent set of smoke alarms they get confused and say ok lol

and most decent hazers wont set of the alarms so its fine

definitally go with a hazer most venues wont letvyou use smoke machines but if you hit them with the tecnicallity of its not smoke its haze and that it dosent set of smoke alarms they get confused and say ok lol

and most decent hazers wont set of the alarms so its fine

Up to the middle of last year (my last work in the UK), I'd never been stopped from using smoke, my nephew is now carrying on my old business there, and he's still using it too.

I found that it's not what you use, it's how you use it, and how you explain to the venue owners that you won't cause any problems with it because you are experienced and professional, and know exactly what you're doing.

Leading the way in leaving the UK

Last man out turn off the lights !