Dj's United

Was round at my Sister-In-Laws yesterday and her son had bought her a webcam with built in mic for Christmas so they could keep in touch via Skype. Both her children live in the South, and since my brother died she's now on her own at home.

Her son called her while we were there, and I have to say I was very impressed, so much better than a phone call, it made me think about getting a suitable webcam.

It's been about a year since Skype was properly discussed on here, and it seems to have NOT died out as predicted.

So, does anybody use?

If so, how have you found it to use?

If so, what's a good (cheap tongue out icon ) webcam to get?

Quitting Smoking & Drinking doesn't make you live longer

It just feels like it.

I'd be interested if anyone else uses it too. I've just installed the free software on my PC and put a link on my website which says if I am available or not. I'm not using a webcam at the moment but have an old digital camera I could use if I wanted (used to use it with MSN messenger).

Only message I have had so far is from a lady in Guana who wanted to know if I'd be interested in helping her get a $20,000,000 windfall out of the country.

I use Skype a lot - although not the web cam bit. It's also handy for conference calls of up to 9 people.

Sometimes the quality isn't 100% and it can unexpectedly shut down but I would give it 8/10. It's handy for talking to other DJU members too smile icon

I use skype on a daily basis - and i reckon its brill - The webcam i use is from ALDI of allplaces - logitech brand and has built in mic if needed. but i tend to just use the headset i got from £1 land in town (does the job)

One thing i have to say is if your surfing the web at the same time as your in conversation on skype - sometimes it can delay and cause stuttering (espcially i find on DJU - unsure why)

With the stuttering - Ask Paul - He often goes into a bit of a rap when i speak to him tongue out icon

And i believe Dukesy has a recording of it? :hide:

Now im out out out outta here :rolleyes:

I use it and never experianced any problems. I don`t use a web cam. I have had many a conversation with DJU members on it.

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

Well I plunged in at lunchtime and squandered £15 on a webcam with built in mic from Maplins as it was on offer.

Got it all installed now and have to say the camera seems briliant, but I'm not sure about the mic.

When I try the skype test thingy, my voice is very muffled and low volume. Might just be the skype test thingy. Ineed to test it now with someone who's got Skype.

Quitting Smoking & Drinking doesn't make you live longer

It just feels like it.

Well I plunged in at lunchtime and squandered £15 on a webcam with built in mic from Maplins as it was on offer.

Got it all installed now and have to say the camera seems briliant, but I'm not sure about the mic.

When I try the skype test thingy, my voice is very muffled and low volume. Might just be the skype test thingy. Ineed to test it now with someone who's got Skype.

Job done :Thumbup:

Your video quality was excellent and the clarity of the sound was good also - You got a good buy there paul !

And you didnt start rapping once like Mr Smith does tongue out icon

And you didnt start rapping once like Mr Smith does tongue out icon

When I have my No 1 in 2008 you can tell everyone you heard it 1st on Skype :joe: