Dj's United

Greetings From Darkest Devon

Well I guess it's time to introduce myself having been floating around here for a few weeks, my real name's Richard and I started DJ'ing in '88 with good old vinyl but gave up in '92 as I hated the music at the time.

Got back into the business in 2000 with Karaoke and pride myself on having one of the best outfits around, then naturally drifted back into DJ'ing from there starting TOP CLASS with my brother inlaw.

Started using a laptop for both about 3yrs ago and haven't looked back since (14 cases of Cds down to 1 case). Will be upgrading to Bose L1's in the next few weeks and have been interested to see everyone's comments on here (googled Bose L1's which led me here).

Currently run 3 outfits between us, 1 dedicated solo singer outfit and 2 multi purpose outfits capable of any job. Most recent additions to outfit was a couple of impossiLED's which turned up on New Year's eve just in time to impress the locals at the pub (which was turned into a nightclub for the evening) where I was working.

Also looking to get into VJ'ing as a way of boosting income but that may have to wait 'til I've paid off the L1's :yuck:

Educating the young in the ways of the old

hi m8,

:welcome: theres a few of us from devon on here and every few months we all meet up although i havent managed to get to one yet usually clashes with work or the green army.

07843106107 mobile

01752-296680 office

Hi & :welcome:

You don't want Bose L1s they're rubbish :hide:

Eddie

<a href="http://www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk" title="Vibrant Sounds Mobile Disco & Karaoke DJ Ed Bray Eddie Bray eddiebray plymouth devon weddings birthdays parties mobilediscoplymouth" "mobile disco plymouth">www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PAFC Pride of DEVON</span> C'mon U Greens

welcome here ! usualy organise a get together in Plymouth or bovey tracy when i am home in Cornwall, next one should be about June .

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Hiya Spear.

Good to hear of another Devon DJ! (I'm near Exeter.)

Don't go encroaching on my territory now, will you??! tongue out icon

Which dark corner of Devon? I was born in Devon, near Plymouth. :welcome:

Good Rockin Daddy (Chris)

www.swingcats.co.uk

Music to dance to from 1930's to NOW! Shake your rude box.

Yeovil Somerset 0845 094 3757

Hi guys thanks for the friendly welcome.

I live in North Devon not far from South Molton about halfway between Exeter and Barnstaple and don't worry Andy I've done more gigs in Cornwall and Somerset than I have in Exeter lol

Hi guys thanks for the friendly welcome.

I live in North Devon not far from South Molton about halfway between Exeter and Barnstaple and don't worry Andy I've done more gigs in Cornwall and Somerset than I have in Exeter lol

Somewhere near no mans land then?

www.swingcats.co.uk

Somewhere near no mans land then?

You know the place then :) , Yes it's not far from where I live

Black Dog territory?

Don't go out on the night of the full moon...

Black Dog territory?

Don't go out on the night of the full moon...

LOL Don't even go out in my local village on a full moon. :scared:

I live near Chulmleigh not to close but near enough to go for a curry (one of the best curry houses in Devon) :drool:

You know the place then :) , Yes it's not far from where I live

Bought a sheep dog from a farm at No Mans Land.

Talkin of pubs up there the guy who owned the Double Locks in Exeter (Jamie) moved up there and owns two pubs in same village, good food but I can't remember which village?

Edited by Swingcats

www.swingcats.co.uk

Bought a sheep dog from a farm at No Mans Land.

Talkin of pubs up there the guy who owned the Double Locks in Exeter (Jamie) moved up there and owns two pubs in same village, good food but I can't remember which village?

Ahh the Double Locks used to spend many a summers afternoon drinking there waiting for all the college girls to arrive, YE OLD GRUMBLE BELLY what an ale :cheers:

Not sure which village there aren't many left with more than 1 pub these days.

I used to lie in wait for them on Cathedral green on hot summer days, Ah happy Exeter Collage days.....

www.swingcats.co.uk

• 4 weeks later...

welcome here ! usualy organise a get together in Plymouth or bovey tracy when i am home in Cornwall, next one should be about June .

i would be into a visit to devon in june and have a natter with my fellow djs ill look out for more info regards keith

• 3 months later...

Just like to say a BIG Thank You to Paul and anyone else working behind the scenes to sort out the problems I seem to have encountered. :thanks:

LOL Don't even go out in my local village on a full moon. :scared:

I live near Chulmleigh not to close but near enough to go for a curry (one of the best curry houses in Devon) :drool:

Carol has an old school friend who lives in Chumleigh. We have visited (and sampled the curry tongue out icon ). Nice area.

You want me to play what?

Secretary of NADJ, Member of SEDA

Magic Moments.. making your moment magic

Carol has an old school friend who lives in Chumleigh. We have visited (and sampled the curry tongue out icon ). Nice area.

Is Carol from the area or did her friend move here.

Just like to say a BIG Thank You to Paul and anyone else working behind the scenes to sort out the problems I seem to have encountered. :thanks:

:blush: Pleased to help - although in this case I was the go-between as I knew a man who could - can't beat a bit of team work smile icon