Dj's United

horrible things that have gone wrong

well, ive had my share of horrible nights from the fuse going in the 1 extention i was using to power about 20 things! everything went off for about 5 minutes and people were shoutiing OFF, OFF, OFF!! Another problem i had once was a speaker blowing up. a 600W ohm speaker worth around £600, which was a ****, but the good thing was, that it wasnt mine!!

Guest Guest_smosher

Yes I think that we all must have lots stories to tell of night in rooms with tumble weed blowing across the stage eh! One that sticks in my mind is the good old day's of the Cortina Estate, full of kit, packed to bursting, and three fully grown blokes inside (not much room for kit eh?) On arriving at a very scruffy village hall in central Staffordshire we found a very heavily pregnant Bride, and shall we say not the prettiest lady we had ever met, on unloading the gear the all important six way bulgin box was missing. Leaving us with two options , use a ropy looking set of converted bean cans on a home made stand, or 1 box in a set of in the "wheel of bulbs" type affair. Needless to say the cans looked about the best in the dark. As the night progressed it was clear that neither side's of the families where going to mix and sat on separate sides of the room glaring at each other. The tension in the room was quite unbearable and this was probably the longest Saturday night of my life. All topped of with a rousing rendition of Elton John's "I Want To Kiss The Bride" Thankfully one "bad un" in a career of "good un's"...Smosher