Dj's United

Acme Dynamo Scanners And Dmx

Hi there,

I got a set of these of fleabay (in great condition) and i've been checking out DMX. Everything works ok in terms of the controls but the pan position seems odd, when i am using the lights in what I would call normal position, ie. mirror at the top

0 - Right and 255 = Left.

The manual confirms this, but this is essentially backwards to common sense, because when you map the joystick on my controller, left is right and vice versa

Anyone any experience of this ?

----------------------------

Thanks ... Dave

Wired For Sound Discos

Depends on your perspective.

Most lighting operators will be out 'front of house' and so any movement will be reversed anyway.

Also, most decent desks will be able to flip attributes or at least the map function of any stick/wheel so it should be correctable there.

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

Depends on your perspective.

Most lighting operators will be out 'front of house' and so any movement will be reversed anyway.

Also, most decent desks will be able to flip attributes or at least the map function of any stick/wheel so it should be correctable there.

I don't have a decent desk, just a Trancension JC-1. No reversing function as far as I know. Ok will have to live with it for now.

----------------------------

Thanks ... Dave

Wired For Sound Discos