Dj's United

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dad had his wagon stolen a while back, from a locked warehouse. The loss adjuster said the thieves had probably seen the signwritten panels and made a note of the address, found a customer for the lorry and then stolen it at a convenient time! He's never had any vehicle sign-written since. He said the vehicle would have been exported same day.

There are so many takes on this issue.

firstly People are booking a disco, not a nice looking van outside. If you're good at what you do will people not book you because your van is tatty? park it round the back when you've unloaded if so.

I'm a firm believer in someone might see you and follow you home to steal it at some point in the near future. This happened to someone I know and he found someone using his gear some months latter in a local pub. All worked out ok in the end.

On the other side of the coin if your vehicle is to nice people think your to expensive.

I've had old vans , new vans, estate cars and currently use a trailer.

I think it comes down to personal preference, and circumstances.

Good luck to all in whatever choice you make, and may business be good.

On the other side of the coin if your vehicle is to nice people think your to expensive.

Good! Gets rid of the enquirers who are just looking for the cheapest!

Edited by Danno13

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

My parents (usually my dad) use our landrover to transport my gear.

We have towbars on both cars, so a trailer isn't a bad idea in the near future for me. I love those vans, i think that "Award Entertainment"'s estate looks great!

I'm proud of my car. It's all part of the overall impression that I need to make with my clients before I turn up on the day and press play. We've all turned up at a venue to set up and found that some of the guests arrived 2 hours early for the wedding and to me, if my vehicle didn't speak 'elegance and quality', I'd be letting myself and my business down badly.

At night, it's in a locked garage at home, so security isn't a big problem. Besides, it's insured, so I could replace it if it were stolen.

Our stuffs in a Trailer - which is locked in a private garage on a private housing estate every night so it isn't a massive problem for theft. We're looking to have it sign written, as we probably would if we bought a van.

End of the day, if someone is going to follow us home after a gig then chances are they're going to notice us loading up outside anyway!

Above that, just because nobody may have phoned you saying "I saw your van and.." doesn't mean the source of your booking WASN'T your van, unless u specifically asked I suppose.

Some good points. Both vans and Richards carlooks very professional. I want my van doing but again a bit unsure as to the security issue.

Would a sign on the van stating NO equipment/ tools are left in this vehicle over night?

I do see a nice looking sign written van very professional and free advertising. Paul made some great points about a work man pulling up to your house to do some work with a nice written van or an old scratty car! I now which one would give me more confidence.

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

SIGN-Writing

DRAFT WORDING

" Nice equipment inside that you can use at home, ebay or sell to mate"

Same can be said about any industry sign-writing their vans.

Which is why i have magnetic ones, if i find myself working in a less then civil looking place i will take them off and put them face down in the van - job done.

Sometimes in the pursuit of perfection one can get blinded by size.

If you believe you can acheive.

Add life to your days not days to your life.

[/url][/img]

Which is why i have magnetic ones, if i find myself working in a less then civil looking place i will take them off and put them face down in the van - job done.

Sounds a good idea. Have you got any pics wayno?

Steve

I'll grab some tomorrow - bit dark now! lol

[/url][/img]

Any more comments on this subject? Am really undecided. A great advertising idea but at what security cost? Its ok saying dont leave any gear in there but the bliters will make a mess breaking in to see if there is any gear in there!

Got a quote for my van (transit connect) yesterday. between £140 and £200. That`s for them to design it aswell. Plus in colour. Sounds to good to turn down!

Steve

Sorry Wayne but........this has to be done......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Waynos signs were last seen heading in the direction of newport pagnel in a mini-bus full of young farmers........yes they took them as some kind of momento of the evening!

I mean if they wanted to know who he was they should have just asked for a card not nicked the signs!

Other than Wayne having his signs nicked its was a damn good night, one of the best, really up for a good time are the young farmers........the organisers did pay for new signs instantly and couldnt appologise enough.

Which come to think of it is an oppotune time as i wanted to change the wording.

God love contracts as the organisers were responsable for the vehicle durying contracted hours so they had no hesitation paying up.

Im just scanning youtube now to see if they have them on their combine yet! lol

And yes really cant stress how good a night it was, ruddy mavellous! and it was a pleasure to punish Nicks new Mach system, ta muchly :)

[/url][/img]

To be honest though Wayne, the organisers were really nice about it wasnt they, I think they would have coughed up the money their and then even if you hadnt had a contract.

Punish the Machs........they are still recovering......LOL

Seriously though, it was good to have the oportunity to really crank them up and see if they perform, and they most cerainly did.

I've had my info on the rear window of my car for 6 months, no results yet that I know of. Cost me £40. :wall:

Good Rockin Daddy (Chris)

www.swingcats.co.uk

Music to dance to from 1930's to NOW! Shake your rude box.

Yeovil Somerset 0845 094 3757

• 1 month later...

Got mine done about 3 weeks ago....

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/4956/random018nq2.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3302/random019nr8.jpg

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/4392/random020zf7.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2751/random006ud0.jpg

Steve

Very classy, nice job. :good:

Good! Gets rid of the enquirers who are just looking for the cheapest!

very funny! loved this comment.

I've had my info on the rear window of my car for 6 months, no results yet that I know of. Cost me £40. :wall:

I think having info on the window of a car is a bit tackie, cheap and frankly a bodge, if your going to do it! do it on a van it is a trade after all theres no excuss for not having a van if your a DJ thats out every week however if your only out once a fourtnight fair play.

It's the last thig I would ever consider.

"Please break into me I have hi tech musical equipment on board"....

In my opinion lol

Its asking for trouble if you black out or cover the windows on the back of the van.

If people can see there is no gear inside they wont break in.

Any one leaving gear in a van over night is asking for trouble.

Mine always gets put in the house regardless of what time I get home.

Steve did you get it done in Southport? Looks good mate.

Stephen Owens Entertainments

Office: 01704 897078

Mobile: 0782 8270 854

Web: www.stephen-owens.co.uk

Email: Monkey-business-disco@hotmail.co.uk