Dj's United

Advice On Titan Series Speakers Please?

Guys,

I'm looking for some more speakers on a budget & was reading some on line reviews of the Wharfedale Titan 12" .

The reviews of them seem pretty good although I would like to know if any of you Guys use them & what are you thoughts on them please?

My usual DJ sales shop has them at £265 for a pair so well in budget.

any advice greatly appreciated

Well they're shrill for my young ears. If your ears are dull they may allow you to hear high frequencies you thought you'd never miss, but you might also be deafening the customers! However the brightness may be an aid for karaoke or vocal where you want to cut through a busy pub crowd. All's I can say is, have a listen and judge for yourself, we all like different sounds anyway don't we!!

We have several bars locally with these and I dont like them. Mind you they may need proper EQing, having not installed them myself...who knows how they're driven.

Plus they're silver!!

http://www.dj.ru/files/148651/titan15_110.jpg

Well they're shrill for my young ears. If your ears are dull they may allow you to hear high frequencies you thought you'd never miss, but you might also be deafening the customers! However the brightness may be an aid for karaoke or vocal where you want to cut through a busy pub crowd. All's I can say is, have a listen and judge for yourself, we all like different sounds anyway don't we!!

We have several bars locally with these and I dont like them. Mind you they may need proper EQing, having not installed them myself...who knows how they're driven.

Plus they're silver!!

http://www.dj.ru/files/148651/titan15_110.jpg

Extra £80 gets you the 15" version and an extra 100w to play with...always a better option than the 12", in my opinion of course.

Not heard them, but they look quite cool...look promising actiually, proper hf compression drivers etc