Dj's United

Atmosphere - Russ Abbott

Back in 1985, this comedian had a couple releases. The first one Atmosphere went into the top 10. From what I can remember is was quite a popular rack back then, but has remained under lock & key over last 20 year!. The follow up track = 'All Night Holiday' was very popular at the holiday camps in the 80's and I can recall playing it up to about 1998. However, maybe there is a time and place for cheesy party stuff like this and I intend trying it out at some point soon, possibly to an older audience.

Anyoe else admit to playing the above?

Nope, dont have it, never had it and havent played it.sorry!

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

When it was out I used to do a series of under 18's discos every month, we used to rotate around the village halls on a Friday night. One of the guys i used to organise these with was a huge Russ Abbott fan and he used to ask me to play it every week.

I never did, and am pretty sure I never have yet, in fact I can't think of anytime I would, unless it was a p:cense:take for some reason.

Neil B

It is an appauling song really....

But I kinda like it, its very catchy and it embeds itself on your brain so if you hear it once you cant get it out of your head.

Never played it at a disco, might consider playing it though

Not me, unless I've been paid a heck of a lot of money!

Don't own the track anyhow, so there's a good excuse...

Ok I admit I have played it and every time i have its got down a storm :hide:

I remember it well - one of those really annoying (yet curiously catchy) tunes that get's inside your head and drives you crazy. As cheese goes this is Gorgonzola so it's got to be a dead cert floor filler and I'm definately gonna get it!!!

Man, I love cheese - it will save your bacon every time!

Captain of the good ship 'Andromeda' - a bit of a wreck like meself but at least she will look better with time......

PS. 'Pugwash' rules!!!

Mobile DJ based on the Fylde coast and covering Lancashire & the north west,

playing 60's - present day chart music.

Country / Line Dance events catered for with the best in Modern Country music.

Amazingly, I don't have this song nor have any desire to play it in the near future and I hadn't even thought of this song once in the last 23 years or so, yet as soon as I saw the words "Russ Abbott" and "Atmosphere" it was like the final piece of the Talisman in a Lara Croft adventure unlocking the vault to the treasure, and into my head popped..."Oh what an atmosphere....I love a party with a happy atmosphere...." grrrrrr!

Amazingly, I don't have this song nor have any desire to play it in the near future and I hadn't even thought of this song once in the last 23 years or so, yet as soon as I saw the words "Russ Abbott" and "Atmosphere" it was like the final piece of the Talisman in a Lara Croft adventure unlocking the vault to the treasure, and into my head popped..."Oh what an atmosphere....I love a party with a happy atmosphere...." grrrrrr!

same happened here and now i cant get the :cense: :cense: song out of my head

thanks norfolk dj

my mind has been polluted for the rest of the day

:ouch: :paula: :fright:

think i will get it just to pollute the next sunday afternoon i have to do lol

But I kinda like it, its very catchy and it embeds itself on your brain so if you hear it once you cant get it out of your head.

About as irritating as it gets, and it really does drill a hole on your brain and plant itself in their, and no matter what you do, you just cant get rid of it......

Hmmm I wonder how it would go dowm at a function........I will try anything once, Im now gonna chuck it slap bang in the middle of a cheese set and see what the reaction is, my gut feeling is that people will dance like loons too it........which is really sad LOL

Jukebox - Where did you get your avatar from.......its really cool (as Im a massive simpsons fan)

Edited by NRG Roadshow

I must admit, confess, whatever you want to call it - when I did the Xmas do (in 2006) for where I was working, I got so fed up, 'cos they were all sat there talking about work, no dancing - I played it. :hide:

Atmosphere, I love a party with a happy atmosphere!!

tongue out icon

Edited by KrazyKaz
They don't call me Krazy for nothing! Krazy by name - Krazy by nature !!!

Age doesn't matter, unless you're a cabinet!

K K Disco

What a load of tripe, you'll be telling us how Renee and Renata - Save your love is good and works well at certain functions soon :bouncy:

Brian

I just like playing songs that people like dancing to. Whether I like them or not is not material to my roadshow. If I dig out some old cheese and it fills the floor, then the punter are happy and so am I.

What a load of tripe, you'll be telling us how Renee and Renata - Save your love is good and works well at certain functions soon :bouncy:

It does! :D

I have been known to use it as a threat, e.g. "If you aren't going to dance, I am going to play more like this."

Works every time. tongue out icon

You want me to play what?

Secretary of NADJ, Member of SEDA

Magic Moments.. making your moment magic

Forgotten all about this track.

Had to You Tube It to remember.

It's going to be in my head all day now along with Renee and Renata "Save your love my darling save your love"

A good track to try for the over 40's during the I'm pis#ed hour.

Don't think it was a known track over here.

Remember Radio One use to play a lot

Brian

I just like playing songs that people like dancing to. Whether I like them or not is not material to my roadshow. If I dig out some old cheese and it fills the floor, then the punter are happy and so am I.

It may come as a surprise to you that I do also play the music that people like to dance to - thankfully there is so much more good music to chose from, and in 26 years of DJing, no one has asked me to play this. I was also expressing a personal opinion.

If a client asks me to play this drivel :fan: , I'll grit my teeth, smile, and play it :mikee: . Until then, :moon:

It may come as a surprise to you that I do also play the music that people like to dance to - thankfully there is so much more good music to chose from, and in 26 years of DJing, no one has asked me to play this. I was also expressing a personal opinion.

If a client asks me to play this drivel :fan: , I'll grit my teeth, smile, and play it :mikee: . Until then, :moon:

ditto except for the "will play it" cos i wouldnt ! :rolleyes:

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Brian

I don't think I have ever questioned the music you play. In deed I have no knowledge of who you are or what you play or are going to play. I think the basis of the post was to rekindle some old cheese from past years. There lot's of stuff I have never been asked for also over my 26 years of DJing, but do play at the correct function, and this usually fills the floor. If it does when that gives me more of a buzz than playing chart tunes.

Drivel is down to one's taste isn't it?

It's a bit like saying you enjoy Eurovision song contest :dan+ju:

rob

I used play it as part of a cheese set

Suprisingly it went down well on most occasions,

Infact i remember once i didnt play it, and it got requested at the end of the night.