Dj's United

I'm sure we all do it - go into the junk/spam folder and go onto auto pilot - delete, delete, delete.

Tonight I was gong through mine and almost did that to one entitled 'pymwnt'. What she was aiming for was 'payment' - missing out one letter and mistyping another.

Luckily I did notice it but at the end of the day it's not her fault if I deleted it - I blame all those :cense: who try to make a business out of spamming us. The problem is that for every one who gets wise to the fact that it doesn't work there's another 10 who want to try it.

:rant:

I once deleted the whole inbox when going through the spam on autopilot. Now I have the pst file copied to another drive automatically when the PC starts up.

I really wish that Bill Gates's idea of charging for emails had taken off. If all the ISP's in the world charged 1p per email, it would not be worth the spammers sending out 5 thousand emails for the chance of a £25 sale, and I would happily pay 1p per email to stop all the spam.

Quitting Smoking & Drinking doesn't make you live longer

It just feels like it.

are you using a domain name linked to hosting for handling your emails? such as *@mydomain.co.uk , if so what control panel are you using

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

I use Thunderbird with imap4. The spam detection on Thunderbird is pretty good and I rarely get to see real spam. The spam that is downloaded is filtered into a "Junk mail" folder.

Depending on your hosting, you may be able to enable "Spam Assisan" (typo..) which can either flag emails that it detects as spam (safest), or delete them so you don't download them...

I'm not sure of Outlooks anti-spam feature, but if you're just using POP3/IMAP (as opposed to an exchange server..), give Thunderbird a look - its free.

To those that list their email address on their website, you should either use some kind of obscurer which will stop most robots from harvesting your address.

This site is pretty good;

http://www.diplo.co.uk/design/encode.php

I'd feel happier using the Javascript option, and create a static image of my email address for those that have JS disabled (this is easy to detect)

Jason