Dj's United

Hey guys, I want to get into VJing, and Im not too bothered about money cost.

My problem is I dont know how to get it on the screen!

I want one or two screens so that the folk can see videos/messages but I dont want them to see what I am doing.

I am aware that Virtual DJ does this and I use it, problem is I only have that little yello composite video out on my laptop. I have looked and cant find anything on it for split screen - I cant get a monitor spliter. If it has been posted please put me in the right direction. And the graphics driver I have is Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro.

Also I need links of things I should get.

I dont really care what I have facing the dancefloor whether it be a computer monitor or a TV all I want is video playing and then a messgae saying my name or anything like that.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Ste

Double Posts Merged and Edited
Edited by Dukesy

Stephen Owens Entertainments

Office: 01704 897078

Mobile: 0782 8270 854

Web: www.stephen-owens.co.uk

Email: Monkey-business-disco@hotmail.co.uk

Hi

Generally speaking, if you can get the right tool to do the right job then your ideas and performance will become a reality and of course stress free!

If you intend to purchase a piece of hardware or software, always try before you buy or get expert advice from an experienced user - one who has made many mistakes and IS truly experienced!

There are several mobile djs who can probably give you an idea on how they started and developed / use their system which will not only be interesting but informative.

I feel by far, the most qualified person to give advice on aspects of VJ'ing is probably BK Sounds - Colin. smile icon

He's a busy guy, very friendly and most of all helpful.

There are plenty of UK licenced sources of video / commercial content you can purchase videos from.

One service of note is Mixmash who are very friendly and offer discounts on multiple DVD volume purchases. Note, mixmash DVDs are not cheap but they do have 30 vids per volume! Many of the videos are cleaned up before they are made available, thus, the overall quality is pretty good in my opinion.

Whilst a composite signal is great, the picture quality may be a lot better than a composite connection if you can try the following:

Just like you would plug an external monitor into a laptops monitor port, you can plug a laptop into an external device using this same monitor port which will allow you to set via the operating systems properties box 'a second screen' - so that you can set what you like on the laptop screen (1) and the output is displayed externally - the output (2).

However, if your laptop does not have a port to allow you to plug in an external monitor - speak to Colin! :D

Before I forget, if you are interested in a purchase discount for Mixmash DVD videos, forward me a PM and I'll send you a discount code.