Dj's United

i was in the same predicament as you a couple of weeks ago, the best bit of advice i got was to do both have a disco name but then also promote yourself maybe through a tag line in my case it was

illuminations disco,light up your event and celebrate with dj jim rowe.

07843106107 mobile

01752-296680 office

i was in the same predicament as you a couple of weeks ago, the best bit of advice i got was to do both have a disco name but then also promote yourself maybe through a tag line in my case it was

illuminations disco,light up your event and celebrate with dj jim rowe.

I just wonder if having the tag with DJ ?? is a little old school... Probably me as I dont see myself as DJ Nik Andrews... I guess many would agree lol...

Nik

You dont want a "Tacky" DJ name just use your own name.

I agree, although if your surname is easy to misspell or tricky to pronounce, consider a stage name. Many do it very successfully.

To second a previous remark, please do not put 'DJ' in front of your name.

And don't use 'Hot Fusion'...

People often say to use your real first name but use another first name as your surname, it seems to sound trendy..or is that also old-school? For example Mark James, Peter Jason, Andy John etc...or just a pile of rubbish..?

Maybe I've heard too much local radio.

People often say to use your real first name but use another first name as your surname, it seems to sound trendy//

Maybe I've heard too much local radio.

Definately. :lol:

Why not go the whole hog, swap your surname for another first name, .,,, then....separate the two names with the word "saint". Eg: Daniel St. John ....

There, after all, why stop at a 100% tacky 70's name, when you can go for 500% (purely my opinion...and apologies to DJ thingy st.whatsit

Oh and adding DJ to the front of a name is pretty naff too, again, IMO

i think the dj thing is a young persons thing (why most of us oldies don't understand it) i know when jamie was starting a friend of his was messing around on the computor and designed something for him and put in the name djwesty and it stuck so djwesty's mobile disco was born.it has done him alright upto now but in the future when he feels ready the name wil be a changed and a new company will spring up.if you notice on the forum most of the younger age members have dj in front.so daniel if you want tobe a dj you be a dj you can always reinvent yourself later

I guess it depends on what market your looking to get into and how you sell yourself.. I started DJing at 16 and never called myself DJ Nik.. But yes its down to the individual... I also dont like calling it a disco... I much prefer roadshow but again thats personal taste.

I guess it depends on what market your looking to get into and how you sell yourself.. I started DJing at 16 and never called myself DJ Nik.. But yes its down to the individual... I also dont like calling it a disco... I much prefer roadshow but again thats personal taste.

Ive never been DJ Matt

or DJ Mattaious

I used to use the "Roadshow" tag, i reckon it sets the tone, and also with offering karaoke, I didnt want the "Disco's" tag, as i feel it puts you out of line for other work.

Saying that, This year ive dropped the roadshow tag and now use "entertainments" However, it may all change

Who Knows

Definately. :lol:

Why not go the whole hog, swap your surname for another first name, .,,, then....separate the two names with the word "saint". Eg: Daniel St. John ....

There, after all, why stop at a 100% tacky 70's name, when you can go for 500% (purely my opinion...and apologies to DJ thingy st.whatsit

Oh and adding DJ to the front of a name is pretty naff too, again, IMO

Ouch - So DJ Paul Stevens (or even DJ Paul St Stevens) is out for me then :joe:

AndyW makes a valid point about age and so does Nik about your market. So pick something you feel 100% comfortable with that fits your intended market.

So if you're aiming to do discos for your peers then DJ Danny would fit this well.

Saying that, This year ive dropped the roadshow tag and now use "entertainments" However, it may all change

Who Knows

You could add (& re-invent) International Roadshow - well we all did it in the 70s (provided we'd ventured into the next County or been abroad for a holiday)

well i guess i must be young at heart as i do have the dj tag in front of my name, but thats how im known probably because at one stage i was playing with a lot of other bands,comedians,ect and they always used to announce me to the audience as dj Jim Rowe so its always stuck.

not keen on the roadshow unless your radio1 to me it conjurs up an image of a battered trannie, battered lightscreens and speakers that need 4 men to lift them.

07843106107 mobile

01752-296680 office

We use the name The Usual Suspects, and then our own names. Personally I think your best having a name for your show and then using your own name i'e Danny from.....

All of our literature focus on the suspects theme, i.e. brochure has "mugshots", "planning the job" "crime prevention" etc etc and am just in the process of sorting a goal post cover with a picture of a line up and bullet holes lol

I personally just use my own name. as with you Dan, what about DJ Danny double decks!, on the mic, in da house , Shabba, rave on, Jurassic man, Yo!

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

I personally just use my own name. as with you Dan, what about DJ Danny double decks!, on the mic, in da house , Shabba, rave on, Jurassic man, Yo!

Folks

As a new starter in all of this we decided to use entertainments in our name.

mainly due to doing all types of entertainment not just discos.

tongue out icon

Richard Cheeseman

RJC Discos

richard@rjcdiscos.co.uk