any one recomend any decent ones for a 4ft deck stand, led or normal

Hi Danger Mouse

DJGAVT is sellin one

Me, I just got the Zoom Blue version look very nice

Hope it helps

Music Entertainment covering London & within the M25 Areas

English & Asian Events catered for

www.skydj.co.uk

The Prolight starcloths are available im white and only 50 LED's on them,around £130.

I made my own with logo on and with 200 blue superbright leds(for conciderably less)

Paul

ok where do you get the led kits from to do your own

DJGAVT is sellin one

I think the one Gav is selling is too big for a deckstand, I think its a backdrop one....and also the fibre optics in it are broken.

This is what I use....

NJD Starcloth

Had mine for a while now, and its superb, great quality and a good price too.

AND they are heaps better looking than the prolight one as they are serge wool type.

i have got the blue prolight one and have had very positive feedback from venue managers and guests the only thing i did not like was the flimsy connectors but the electrician i use redid it so it can be wired straight in to the controller.

07843106107 mobile

01752-296680 office

I have a blue LED Zoom starcloth which I am happy with. Under £100 new I seem to remember.

As with the others of this ilk, on a four foot stand it will just about fit width-wise but dependant on how high you want it to go you might need to employ a local seamstress to sew a strip of black cloth along the bottom. Mine needed strip about six inches wide so as to cover to the top of my flightcases.

Phil Cunnington

Member of the LWP

I bought an LED starcloth with 6 foot giraffe stand last year in an attempt to scale down the roadshow particularly for small to medium sized venues. I think I paid about £150 with a flight bag. I have used it about 12 times since and I am happy with it for what it does. Readers on here wll know I prefer light screens, but these starcloths are very good.

Why not make your own to custom fit your stand and equipment.

You'll require stage grade black drape (I got mine from Northern Light but any theatrical supplier should oblige)

Set of LED lights (£5 from Ebay)

Someone with a sewing machine, some velcro, and the technical know how to use it.

Have your seamstress hem and stitch the black drape with fold over bits at the top which secure with velcro over the top of the stand.

With the LEDs, you make a small hole and push them through from behind (otherwise only you'll enjoy the nice lights). You can then either use a needle and thread and put a small stitch every so often or use fabric glue again every four or five LEDs. The proper black drape is a woollen woven type material that naturally holds the LEDs in place once pushed through it, the glue/stitch is just added security to keep it place. Mine cost £50 and has been working successfully for 18 months now.

Drape £15

LEDs £5

Seamstress £30 (Bunch of flowers and a bottle of wine)

Look on your guests faces.......priceless :lame:

Why not make your own to custom fit your stand and equipment.

You'll require stage grade black drape (I got mine from Northern Light but any theatrical supplier should oblige)

Set of LED lights (£5 from Ebay)

Someone with a sewing machine, some velcro, and the technical know how to use it.

Have your seamstress hem and stitch the black drape with fold over bits at the top which secure with velcro over the top of the stand.

With the LEDs, you make a small hole and push them through from behind (otherwise only you'll enjoy the nice lights). You can then either use a needle and thread and put a small stitch every so often or use fabric glue again every four or five LEDs. The proper black drape is a woollen woven type material that naturally holds the LEDs in place once pushed through it, the glue/stitch is just added security to keep it place. Mine cost £50 and has been working successfully for 18 months now.

Drape £15

LEDs £5

Seamstress £30 (Bunch of flowers and a bottle of wine)

Look on your guests faces.......priceless :lame:

What did you use to control them?

Jim

They are just baiscally 4 channel multi-coloured led christmas lights, so you have a controller that allows different setting. I generally use slow wave :djuhi: during the night and the static at the end. Not hi-tec I know, but it does exactly what it say on the tin (plastic box)