Dj's United

Hi where can i get free jingles from thank's smithy

What does free mean? There are plenty of cd`s on the market, however they do come at a price.

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

I have tons of them but never use them most of them date back to the 80's...

Depending on what you will be using them for they can sound quite naff.. Things like happy birthday to you etc might be usefull but your "Great Music From a Great DJ" type are a bit dated now...

Nik

I really think they sound rather "naff" on a mobile disco so I wouldnt bother mate.

Saying that though I worked as a radio producer for 11 years so if you really want some (but not for free) :joe:

Edited by DJGAVT

I really think they sound rather "naff" on a mobile disco so I wouldnt bother mate.

Saying that though I worked as a radio producer for 11 years so if you really want some (but not for free) :joe:

I agree that they sound naff.

There is a DJ round here that plays out his hospital radio jingles during weddings!

The only time it is really apropriate is if you are doing a gig on behalf of the radio station but even then i wouldn't go mad.

I went to a 40th on Friday just gone. The DJ played a voice over for the buffet. "The buffe is now available etc" he and his mate were laughing, I was embarressed for them . Lol..

Tacky! I`d stay away from that idea.

Steve

Is that the jingle that goes.....

"ladies and gentlemen, the buffet is now available......and predictably their will be sausage rolls, tomatoes cut into shapes, potted meats, ham sandwiches, egg and cress sandwiches.........etc"

LOL

Is that the jingle that goes.....

"ladies and gentlemen, the buffet is now available......and predictably their will be sausage rolls, tomatoes cut into shapes, potted meats, ham sandwiches, egg and cress sandwiches.........etc"

LOL

:bouncy:

Yes! It wasn`t you was it?

Steve

I have tons of them but never use them most of them date back to the 80's...

Depending on what you will be using them for they can sound quite naff.. Things like happy birthday to you etc might be usefull but your "Great Music From a Great DJ" type are a bit dated now...

Nik

Ditto

:bouncy:

Yes! It wasn`t you was it?

No it wasnt me........

But I do admit to using it a few times :hide:

Now that I think about it, it is a bit naff aint it.....

Will just say somthing like "grubs up people, get it while you can" from now on :mikee:

I seem to remember one jingle on a 12" record going...

"ladies and gentlemen, the buffet is now available......but please do avoid the sausage rolls" tongue out icon

and no i havnt used it!! :scared:

http://thatsentertainment.webeden.co.uk

Dj's and Discos for all your needs

PLI & PAT covered

Est. 1988

I seem to remember one jingle on a 12" record going...

"ladies and gentlemen, the buffet is now available......but please do avoid the sausage rolls" tongue out icon

and no i havnt used it!! :scared:

Errr.....I have that one too.......I believe its on a mastermix or jock in a box cd :hide:

Have never used that one though.

Sounds like a good idea though, because after everyones finished at the buffet you normally get invited to help yourself to whats left........well I love sausage rolls so their would be loads left if you used the jingle, sounds like a good plan to me :good:

• 1 month later...

Hi where can i get free jingles from thank's smithy

I got mine off ebay.

It was a Cd with around 60 jingles.

I found some of them were extremely funny.

"A dog is not just for xmas, if your lucky there will be a bit left for boxing day!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the best DJ in the country" followed by shrieks of laughter.

Works for me....