Dj's United

I have a Compaq Laptop

Presario V6500 Notebook PC Intel Core Duo CPU T520 @ 15.Ghx

Intel ® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver Graphics card thing

if I'm running OTS on just the laptop I can get it to overlay,t as soon as the 2nd screen is attached, (A TFT) it will not play ball,

where am I going wrong

Mobile Party DJ For Weddings Parties Corporate Events Covering London Essex Kent Sussex Surrey Bucckinghamshire Hertfordshire & Essex

Have you played with the display properties, adding a monitor first?

(XP) Right mouse click desktop, choose properties and then settings.

display.jpg

You may need to extend your windows desktop onto the tft monitor by choosing the secondary monitor driver via the drop-down display box and ticking the "Extend my windows desktop onto this monitor"

You can then identify which monitor is the primary monitor via the identify button.

You could also choose 'advanced' and then 'displays' for further settings, but be careful not to alter anything you are unsure of!

If the tft is attached when you boot the laptop up, you've checked the properties (as above) but can not choose a second monitor, you may be a driver missing.

done all that the 2nd monitor is there, and it works fine in other programmes such as virtual DJ etc, but not in OTS

Mobile Party DJ For Weddings Parties Corporate Events Covering London Essex Kent Sussex Surrey Bucckinghamshire Hertfordshire & Essex

got it all sorted now,

all to do with the driver for the graphics card, I needed to roll the driver back to the XP version

Edited by Ian Stewart