Dj's United

hi everyone, does anyone use this software i want to record of streaming audio , but i cannot get my head round questions and answers on the website . any help would be welcome.

thanks

john

I use cool edit pro, great piece of software

however I have never used it for recording streaming audio, only editing & mastering.

I would imagine it should be able to do it tho. But dont hold me to it :-)

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

Used it for 8 years while working as a radio producer and still use it so any help you need let me know.

Gav

hi nick and gav thanks for getting back i just want to record of streaming audio via windows media player but im not sure how to set this up, setting recording levels etc and putting it on the interface.

thanks so far

john

I have never used it for recording streaming, but I would imagine you select source, hit record and let it run, until you run out of HD space.

..playing all the hits for you...

....whether you may be....

Why can't I see what i going on???

Just off the top of my head you will need to set in the recording properties of your sound card your source to the output where your stream is coming from probably Wav or if from an exturnal source Line..

And you need to do the same in Cool edit... for I think its device options.. I dont have cool infront of me right now so not 100% sure if I have the names right...

But hope it helps

Nik

Just off the top of my head you will need to set in the recording properties of your sound card your source to the output where your stream is coming from probably Wav or if from an exturnal source Line..

And you need to do the same in Cool edit... for I think its device options.. I dont have cool infront of me right now so not 100% sure if I have the names right...

But hope it helps

Nik

im still playing round with it nik havent got there yet if you have a play with it let me know how you get on or anyone else for that matter.

thanks

john

Hey John,

Try this,

In Cool Edit Pro select the options menu from the menu bar select 'Windows Recording Mixer' when this opens up select properties and make sure that the 'Stereo Mix' has a tick next to it. This should add another slider to the recording inputs in your windows mixer, just make sure that it's not got a tick underneath the slider because that would mute the input.

To check it's working go back to the options menu in Cool Edit and select 'Monitor Record Level' and use the windows mixer to set your recording level. then just hit record and select your recording quality options.

Hope that makes sense

Jase

Hey John,

Try this,

In Cool Edit Pro select the options menu from the menu bar select 'Windows Recording Mixer' when this opens up select properties and make sure that the 'Stereo Mix' has a tick next to it. This should add another slider to the recording inputs in your windows mixer, just make sure that it's not got a tick underneath the slider because that would mute the input.

To check it's working go back to the options menu in Cool Edit and select 'Monitor Record Level' and use the windows mixer to set your recording level. then just hit record and select your recording quality options.

Hope that makes sense

Jase

hi jase your a star done as you said and hey presto its working a treat thanks everyone for the replys i thought that was a nice thread, would recommend cool edit pro 2 to anyone thanks again john.