Dj's United

Anyone been following the 'Ashes to Ashes' BBC sequal to 'Life on Mars'?

In it's own right, I think the show is OK and very different to the LOM series.

Anyone been following the 'Ashes to Ashes' BBC sequal to 'Life on Mars'?

In it's own right, I think the show is OK and very different to the LOM series.

I watched a couple of episodes but found it to be disappointing, maybe it was the poor acting or maybe it's because it's southern now. LOM was filmed locally (in the NW).

Jim

I've watched the 1st 2 episodes of AtA - IMO not up to the standard of LoM. I have the rest of the series (has it finished yet?) on 'series link' so might get around to watching them when I have nothing better to do.

I've watched the 1st 2 episodes of AtA - IMO not up to the standard of LoM. I have the rest of the series (has it finished yet?) on 'series link' so might get around to watching them when I have nothing better to do.

Have to agree. Doesn't seem to gel like LOM. I think it's a case of "That worked, let's do it again" but didn't come up to scratch.

You want me to play what?

Secretary of NADJ, Member of SEDA

Magic Moments.. making your moment magic

Hey, any programme that has Keeley Hawes' "Bolly Knickers" character Alex in stockings and suspenders gets my vote! :love: :Thumbup:

"fire up the Quattro!" - Genius! best since "You're nicked, you slag!"

In the first episode, the closeup where Gene & the other two came around the corner standing in the boat all "tooled up" and ready for action was classic! Fell off the settee laughing. More please!

Clive.

Edited by clivehenryjones

In my humble opinion i think it is a great show..

It never will live up to Life on Mars, but that is because deep down it is a different concept....

Yeah, i know similar story lines, same characters and a very hot lady trying to 'get back to 2008' or whatever it is...

But remember, we know know 95% of the cast from Life on Mars and "Joe Bugner in a skirt" (my fav quote so far) actually knows the characters through listening to Sam whilst in his coma (god i sound like a geek here)...

The fact that Miss Bugner knows she has to go along with it whilst at the same time knowing that she could alter history (where-as Sam didn't) makes it quite thought provoking.....

Personally i think you should just enjoy it rather than watching it if that makes sense... Reminice the 80's (i have been talking about the rubiks cube all bloody week ), laugh out loud at some of the one liners and cosutmes (Raymondo and chris on the boat a few weeks ago had me in tears) and spare a thought for what we really were like in the 80's... Arogant f*****s who didn't want to know about aids, hated homosexual couples with a vengence, really thought we ruled the world.... (some people don't change however)

Great Series.... I agree, don't do another, but great series..

Splosh

Splosh

Web: www.2jsroadshow.co.uk

jon@2jsroadshow.co.uk

Watch it every week, love it and lov the stockings!

Music is great, but as it's set in 1981 some later 80's clothes and music creep in. Funny bit is the car chases, always around the same bit of dockland road with the pub in the middle.

Fire up the Quattro!

Good Rockin Daddy (Chris)

www.swingcats.co.uk

Music to dance to from 1930's to NOW! Shake your rude box.

Yeovil Somerset 0845 094 3757

Watch it every week, love it and lov the stockings!

Music is great, but as it's set in 1981 some later 80's clothes and music creep in. Funny bit is the car chases, always around the same bit of dockland road with the pub in the middle.

Fire up the Quattro!

Yes the other week on the fly over there was a Scania lorry new shape not the 1980s shape lol.. Wheres me anorak...

I am enjoying it though, but do agree it should have taken a different format and should have remained in manchester. That is one down side of entertainment and Media in this country anything successful has to come from London....

Nik

I think it would be funny if ol' Gene Hunt fell in love with Alex but was thrown/pulled into modern day!

Could call the show "Modern Love"!

Imagine the PC brigade with 'Hunt' throwing his weight around to get back to the past! tongue out icon

I think it would be funny if ol' Gene Hunt fell in love with Alex but was thrown/pulled into modern day!

Could call the show "Modern Love"!

Imagine the PC brigade with 'Hunt' throwing his weight around to get back to the past! tongue out icon

Wow I would commission that one what a great idea

Nik

I have loads of great ideas but they are usually followed by double the amount of bad ones! tongue out icon

i have to say i really like ashes to ashes

it might just be the nostalga aspect the 80s was my teen era and as said before the scene with raymondo and chris on the speedboat was by far one of the funniest scenes on telly in a long time

LOM was fantastic and once again i loved the nostalga of it all

I think if they made another one it would flop though