Dj's United

Previewing Tracks While Mixing Tracks

Hi There everyone,

I am a mobile DJ been going for bout 6 months now and was Wondering if someone could help me out here, im currently using Numark Cue for my DJ;ing and was wondering if there was a way to preview tracks while also in live mode (Numark cue playing along automactilly pullying tracks from playlist and mixing them) i been told that could get a usb sound card with extra channles and get numark cue to use 1 chanell per deck so play on one deck preview on another but then the auto cue would not work i guess as im using the second deck does anyone know a way round this even if it diffrent software i dont mind all help be greatfull many thanks

Martyn

Hi Martyn, welcome to the forum.

Sorry I can't help on the Numark front. You may find interesting...

Nik (above) uses an Edirol external sound card, I've used PCDJ pro which has been recommended to work with Gigaport and there are a variety of controllers which have lots of clever features which may help you in your problem!

Have a browses in this forum area and the controller area in the meantime.

A good tip is to always try before you buy - there are many 'mobile dj' based shows springing up which should allow you to see first hand the many exciting products for software, hardware both dedicated and integrated for our business.

smile icon

QUOTE(UKHero @ Mar 18 2008, 07:18 AM) [snapback]205162[/snapback]

Hi Martyn

Welcome to DJU there is all kinds of software out there for all kinds of budgets what are you looking to spend..

Nik

Hi there, many thanks for your replies i would say abudet of around £100 - £150 at the moment, many thanks
  • 3 months later...

Hi there, many thanks for your replies i would say abudet of around £100 - £150 at the moment, many thanks

On virtual DJ, I'm probably right in saying Numark Cue also has this feature, you can split the audio the 1.5mm jack carries out of your PC, so It will carry the mono of one song and the mono of a different song, split it into your mixer then you can choose which song to listen to from your head phones, or live. But this of course will only give you mono, you could change back once you have mixed the song in to get left and right playing live but it's a bit of a hassle changing back and fourth.

Your best option is to buy one of these, or similar this is very cheap and would overheat quite a bit!

Buy a nice one for 10-30 quid or buy these which will work but are nearly disposable! Sound quality might not be good from cheap models but your not using it to play live so it's good enough.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet-VO818-CHAN...135&sr=1-19

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MY-Link-CHANNEL-AU...6739&sr=8-1

Set your pc so the live signal goes through the good quality sound card in your PC, then send the other signal through this so you can preview the other song a mix.

http://www.softpedia.com/screenshots/Virtual-DJ-2007_4.png

Hope this helps

Edited by Llyr Roberts

That's a small jack plug !! :dan+ju:

I mean 3.5mm!

java script:emoticon(':aa',%20'smid_5') java script:emoticon(':lol:',%20'smid_47')

Why don't my clickable emotions not show?!

Edited by Llyr Roberts

Not sure if this would work for you but my son uses a Numark DJ IO which has a USB input from his laptop, 2 sets of phono outputs plus headphone and mic. jacks.

He has used it with and without an external mixer.