National Motorcycle Museum

Coventry Road

Bickenhill

Solihull

West Midlands

B92 0EJ

Brands on show:

American DJ

Audio Intimidation (Kool Sound, Intimidation, Zomo)

Audio Relief

Bose

BPM Show

Chauvet

Citronic

Cortex

DB Tech

Denon

DJ Academy

DJ Show North

DMC

Electro Voice

EVL

Flightcase Pro

Gemini

Gig Skinz

Karlton Creative Media

Martin Pro

Mixmash

Moonstar

Numark

PCDJ

Pro Mobile Magazine

Prolight Concepts (iSolution Wildtec Acme W Audio Transension LEDJ)

RCF

Road Ready Cases

Robe

Ryger

Shermann Audio

Skytronic

Slappa Cases

Spectrum Lasers

Stage Ninja

Turbosound

UK Disco

Ulimate

Ultimax

Vestax

Retailers exhibiting include-

CRS1 - Entertainment House

Birmingham Disco Centre

Dave Seamer Entertainments

Phase One DJ Solutions

Pro Sound DJ

Squires

Zelma Services

No prebooking - tickets £5 on the door (refunded if you join NADJ), NADJ Members and SEDA Members free, Students and pensioners £3.

The time you arrive is up to you, the main exhibitors will be doing demonstrations on a rota and that will go round at least twice.

The doors open at midday and close at 6pm.

The interactive presentations in the Presntation suite will be running through the afternoon and exact timings are to be finalised.

Presentations are:

Demonstration and hands-on interactive presentation by DMC World Mixing Champion DJ Cutmaster Swift, sponsored by DMC.

Interactive presentations by The DJ Academy who will add even more food for thought for young or prospective DJs.

Presentation and Q & A session by MCPS/PPL - DJ Licensing

Interactive presentation Audio Relief - DJ Hearing Protection and the new Noise at Work Regulations and how they affect DJs. Part of the RNID 'Don't Lose the Music' campaign.

• 2 months later...

Just interested who'll be coming along to the NADJ show on 27th April, didn't put this in the shows forum as it takes too long for messages to appear.

There's an after party on-site this year with free food and drink, and there's a travel lodge just down the road which usually does £15 rooms, so I'll definatley be staying over :Thumbup:

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

I'll definately be going again this year, staying overnight too.

I'm there on the Denon DJ stand and we will have 2 professional hard drive controllers and possibly the new professional hard drive controller too as well as 2 new mixers, laptop/midi controllers etc.

It was a great show last year, and bigger this year. Should be well worth a visit

Edited by Gary

didn't put this in the shows forum as it takes too long for messages to appear.

Well this is the area for shows and as the event isn't for another month I don't think a short wait for it to appear will have a big influence on the outcome. :shrug:

This area was designed like this because of the amount of abuse in the past (spamming).

I live driving distance away so i will be going. What is the size of the show ? Who is exhibiting ? Do I need to prebook tickets ? what is the best time to turn up ?

Cheers

----------------------------

Thanks ... Dave

Wired For Sound Discos

I live driving distance away so i will be going. What is the size of the show ? Who is exhibiting ? Do I need to prebook tickets ? what is the best time to turn up ?

Cheers

Some info here

I'm sure someone from the NADJ will address your questions here. smile icon

I'm sure someone from the NADJ will address your questions here. smile icon

I'll do my best.

Brands on show:

American DJ

Audio Intimidation (Kool Sound, Intimidation, Zomo)

Audio Relief

Bose

BPM Show

Chauvet

Citronic

Cortex

DB Tech

Denon

DJ Academy

DJ Show North

DMC

Electro Voice

EVL

Flightcase Pro

Gemini

Gig Skinz

Karlton Creative Media

Martin Pro

Mixmash

Moonstar

Numark

PCDJ

Pro Mobile Magazine

Prolight Concepts (iSolution Wildtec Acme W Audio Transension LEDJ)

RCF

Road Ready Cases

Robe

Ryger

Shermann Audio

Skytronic

Slappa Cases

Spectrum Lasers

Stage Ninja

Turbosound

UK Disco

Ulimate

Ultimax

Vestax

Retailers exhibiting include-

CRS1 - Entertainment House

Birmingham Disco Centre

Phase One DJ Solutions

Pro Sound DJ

Squires

Zelma Services

No prebooking - tickets £5 on the door (refunded if you join NADJ), NADJ Members and SEDA Members free, Students and pensioners £3.

The time you arrive is up to you, the main exhibitors will be doing demonstrations on a rota and that will go round at least twice.

The doors open at midday and close at 6pm.

The interactive presentations in the Presntation suite will be running through the afternoon and exact timings are to be finalised.

Presentations are:

Demonstration and hands-on interactive presentation by DMC World Mixing Champion DJ Cutmaster Swift, sponsored by DMC.

Interactive presentations by The DJ Academy who will add even more food for thought for young or prospective DJs.

Presentation and Q & A session by MCPS/PPL - DJ Licensing

Interactive presentation Audio Relief - DJ Hearing Protection and the new Noise at Work Regulations and how they affect DJs. Part of the RNID 'Don't Lose the Music' campaign.

Edited by Phil Cunnington

Phil Cunnington

Member of the LWP

I'm hoping to go - this is the kind of event that's definitely worth going to - although don't quite fancy the 2hr drive there and back (as its the other side of Brum from here). Just need to persuade the other half that its a good idea to go :)

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

It Gets Even More Interesting

The range of events at the NADJ Trade Show and AGM gets even more interesting as MCPS/PRS have confirmed they will be taking part in an interactive presentation/panel debate in conjunction with the DJ Licensing Working Party.

It is the first opportunity for DJs to put their questions about the proposed new licence to the MCPS/PRS Project leader in charge of creating the licence that will affect most DJs and to the LWP.

There will be a surprise or two as well, so it will be well worth attending.

This will be scheduled just after mid-afternoon however the full timetable for interactive events at the Show will be published soon on the NADJ web site.

Phil Cunnington

Member of the LWP

• 2 weeks later...

NADJ Trade Show & AGM - National Motorcycle Museum (next to the NEC, Birmingham) - Sunday 27th April

NADJ have a tradition of high quality prize draws.

Well, this year we have surpassed ourselves.

Top prize is a full Mobile DJ Rig worth over £2500

(There is no cash alternative to any prizes in this draw)

This is a serious prize!

Stand, MP3 Controller, Speakers, Amplifier, MIxer, Lighting Effects,

Music, Microphone, Headphones, Cables, Flightcases are all included.

plus Web Package including Domain Registration, Hosting, email and Basic Starter Page

Special thanks to the marvellous generosity of our sponsors:

Audio Intimidation

Chauvet

Denon

EV

Cortex

Vestax

Prolight

Rhino

Road Ready Cases

Tiger Pride Ltd

Ultimax

and our retail partners:

Prosound (Leeds)

Birmingham Disco Centre

CRS - Entertainment House

Squires

As if that wasn't enough, there is also a top KAM Prize Pack worth over £500

All proceeds to support the NADJ Youth Development Program - announcement at AGM

Prize draw tickets can be purchased on the day at the show.

If you weren't sure about going, there's enough reason now!

PLUS

Our interactive presentations from:

13:15 - World Champion DJ Cutmaster Swift - Headline DJ Interactive Demo

14:15 - DJ Academy - DJ Education

15:00 - MCPS/PRS - DJ Licensing

16:00 - Derek Pengelly - The Mobile DJ Marketplace

16:45 - Audio Relief - Hearing Protection/Noise at Work Regulations

For those who cannot make it there will be a live internet broadcast from the show, see the NADJ web site for link details nearer the day.

NADJ Trade Show & AGM - National Motorcycle Museum (next to the NEC, Birmingham) - Sunday 27th April

The doors open to the public at noon and close at 6pm.

Entrance is free to NADJ members, £5 for non-members, concessions - £3 students and pensioners.

See the NADJ web site for further details.

Phil Cunnington

Member of the LWP

Like most good DJ shows, the NADJ Show at The National Motorcycle Museum, Birmingham on Sunday 27th - there will be a Prize Draw.

In the last couple of hours, Denon DJ have confirmed that there will now be two of their tabletop CD/MP3 decks included as separate prizes in the NADJ Show prize draw.

Also, as mentioned in another thread - the MCPS/PPL (?) will be presenting the NEW DJ Licence, with (I am assured) a question and answer session. Certainly those DJs wishing to use music in formats other than the format of which they purchased the music on, and possibly even those DJs who are using music from its original formats anyway, will find that particular discussion of significant interest, both for now and the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope to meet lots of you on Sunday at the NADJ show.

All the signs are its going to be excellent.

Just packing up the last bits tonight then off I go.

Make sure you come up and introduce yourself.

Always nice to put faces to names.

Maybe I'll be shaking your hand when you win the Prize Draw, who knows?

Anyway, I've been buried in work on the show for four weeks now and have hardly had time to breath, let alone post. All back to normal from Tuesday - or so my wife has demanded!

Phil Cunnington

Member of the LWP

So, did anyone say Hello???

..playing all the hits for you...

....whether you may be....

Why can't I see what i going on???

Well it was a great day, but a very long one and a late night too!

All the recordings from the live stream, including the seminars will be made available hopefully sometime this week, but I have some recovering and sleeping to do before I can get started!

For those members that came along, what did you think of the show and the seminars?

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

From what I saw on-line, it was very well put together, and very professional, but I was unsure on the dodgy camera work :D

It looked like a great day, I just wished I could have been there. Well there's always next year. But I am looking forward to the recording so I can watch it again.

..playing all the hits for you...

....whether you may be....

Why can't I see what i going on???

Hi Folks

I attended the show and was very impressed as a new dj.

Although i was too nervous to speak to anyone or try and make friends !!!!! :damn:

Maybe next time !!!!

Or maybe i will speak to Danno and join up !!!

Richard Cheeseman

RJC Discos

richard@rjcdiscos.co.uk

Hi Richard,

We should bet getting a Midlands meet up organised soon, I'll announce it in this forum once we have a date/venue set.

It appears that some of the stream wasn't correctly recorded so there might be a bit of a delay in making the video avaliable, however we definitley have the footage from the broadcast cameras that were used in the seminar rooms and around the show!

Hi Richard,

We should bet getting a Midlands meet up organised soon, I'll announce it in this forum once we have a date/venue set.

It appears that some of the stream wasn't correctly recorded so there might be a bit of a delay in making the video avaliable, however we definitley have the footage from the broadcast cameras that were used in the seminar rooms and around the show!

Danno

Count me in for that then.

Will definatly be up for that mate !!! :joe:

Let us knw when and where

Rich

Richard Cheeseman

RJC Discos

richard@rjcdiscos.co.uk

It was a great show and a good turnout from what I could tell. Was very well presented (with exception to the video camera that was having a few problems). Would recomend anyone to go as you can come away with some great bargains, especially when shops auction off half there stock at the end, come away with 4 dynamo 250's for £260.

Yep, the issue with the video feed to the right hand projector was down to a wireless video link picking up interferance from several wireless mics and broadband running in the room.

We only decided to run the link to the other projector as a last minute thing and wirless was the only option we had avaliable, otherwise it would have been done much better.

You may have noticed me running around like a mad thing during the first seminar to put in a cable link to the camera at the back so at least the left hand projector and online stream got a reliable feed.

UPDATE: The raw recording from the show is now on the show website.

During the week we'll hopefully have the seminars avaliable individually in broadcast quality from the cameras that were filming, so do keep checking back.

Edited by Danno13

Thanks for all that but what about the MCPS briefing? Is there any clarification yet? Has a price been fixed?

from watching the video link I believe its £250 for 20,000 tracks increasing by £50 increments up to 40,000 tracks which costs £500.

Initial payment is a one of and you only have to pay for any additional tracks you add in subsequent years.

Not sure if, for example, you add 200 tracks you have to pay the minimum £250 for renewal or it would be an incremental payment of £50.

Rumored it could be introduced in July.

NADJ and SEDA members will also get a discount but not sure how much.

If you only use CD's or if you only use legally downloaded music, you won't need the license.

The PRS-MCPS will keep a database of all DJ's with a license. When you are booked for a gig the venue are supposed to check the database to see if you have one. If you don't need one, you will have to register for an exemption else you won't appear on the list and the venue aren't supposed to accept you.