Dj's United

I'm doing a quiz tonight displaying the questions using powerpoint on my laptop. The previous venue's big screen had a dedicated PC input so I could connect using the VGA output on my laptop to the VGA input on the screen. The venue I'mm working in tonight doesn't have this input but it does have an s-video and phono input. I have a lead which connects directly between the s-video sockets on the pc and tv and i also have an adaptor to change one of the s-video to phono input on the tv, but the problem is i can't activate the second monitor in my display settings (XP). Help.

I'm doing a quiz tonight displaying the questions using powerpoint on my laptop. The previous venue's big screen had a dedicated PC input so I could connect using the VGA output on my laptop to the VGA input on the screen. The venue I'mm working in tonight doesn't have this input but it does have an s-video and phono input. I have a lead which connects directly between the s-video sockets on the pc and tv and i also have an adaptor to change one of the s-video to phono input on the tv, but the problem is i can't activate the second monitor in my display settings (XP). Help.

Have you got 2nd monitor set to output to the s-video socket or is it expecting to see a vga monitor still?

See your video display drivers for the setting to change it

Sound - 32 Channel System, 2 x RCF 4Pro 6001 & 4 x RCF TTS18A Subs - 6K RMS Active System

Lights - 4 x Martin Mac 250+, 4 x Assorted LED FX, 6 x 1m LED Pixelpar, 2 x 1500 W Strobes, PC Control

Video - 6x4 to 14x10 ft screens & assorted projectors, plasmas, 10 DV Layers, broadcast cameras.

Have you tried toggling the lappys display/monitor options.

Usually these are toggled by holding down FCN and then tapping F4 (if the FCN key is blue, there's usually a little picture of a monitor in blue too, above the relevant function key).

There can be 3 or more settings hiding under this FCN+F4 button combo, so...press FCN+F4, wait a few seconds to give the big screen/projector chance to detect any usable signal, then, if no luck, press FCN+F4 again...wait a few seconds etc....

One of the toggled options switches the lappys internal screen off, so don't be surprised when/if that happens.

Good Luck.