Dj's United

i have been dj for about a year and have a partner doing it with me, we have only done family work and first real job sunday. it went real well and even gt 1 booking. any help regarding bookings and how to get them will be great

i have been dj for about a year and have a partner doing it with me, we have only done family work and first real job sunday. it went real well and even gt 1 booking. any help regarding bookings and how to get them will be great

Get yourself listed on all kinds of websites that offer free listings, I.e. Yell.com, BTtrader, thomson, etc etc.

Give out bus cards etc. You may find at your next gig youll get a booking, then you may get lots of recommendations etc.

Have you considered a website?

Edited by UKHero

DJ Jenx

www.JenxDisco.co.uk -

Find a local venue and try and get them to give your number out.

75% of my work comes from 3 venues.

Business cards are a must, I did all the free listings but just got timewasters and people trying to sell me things I don't need lol.

Create a brochure and go round local hotels, get an agent, etc etc

• 2 years later...

yo hi there to all the mobile djs out there im new to this after coming off another forum hope i can get along with you lot, came out of retirement in 2009 after a few years off due 2 a ex who really didnt like me doing discos my new miss'es loves it, done a few gigs now, bit slow at the moment on the gigs seeing as ive came out of retirement, im out all the time looking for gigs find it a bit hard at the mo, i think im pushing myself into it too fast.

ive got the basic set up i know ive got to up date my profile, set up a free web site, got a portfolio,

going down the legal route this time with my mobile disco.

i started as a roadie way back 82 spining the discs then did my 1st gig in 83 aged 14 then set up my own roadshow by 1991 did club dj for about 5 years as well.

anyway back out again tomorrow handing out my cards (which i did for free via good website).

got and try and keep those booking coming in. slimccfc :D

:cense:EDIT:cense: Gary (GDK)

8) The language used throughout this forum is English. Do not post messages in block capitals, as in web etiquette this considered as SHOUTING and can be offensive to other forum users.

Although you were not SHOUTING, it was very hard to read due to the amount of text speak

9) Do not substitute letters within vulgar/obscene/forbidden words with punctuation marks or other symbols. Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) parental software controls and School or Company networks still recognise many of the disguised words and may block access to the forum from their networks.

Edited by Gary (GDK)

yo hi there to all the mobile djs out there im new to this after coming off another forum hope i can get along with you lot, came out of retirement in 2009 after a few years off due 2 a ex who really didnt like me doing discos my new miss'es loves it, done a few gigs now, bit slow at the moment on the gigs seeing as ive came out of retirement, im out all the time looking for gigs find it a bit hard at the mo, i think im pushing myself into it too fast.

ive got the basic set up i know ive got to up date my profile, set up a free web site, got a portfolio,

going down the legal route this time with my mobile disco.

i started as a roadie way back 82 spining the discs then did my 1st gig in 83 aged 14 then set up my own roadshow by 1991 did club dj for about 5 years as well.

anyway back out again tomorrow handing out my cards (which i did for free via good website).

got and try and keep those booking coming in. slimccfc :D

:cense:EDIT:cense: Gary (GDK)

8) The language used throughout this forum is English. Do not post messages in block capitals, as in web etiquette this considered as SHOUTING and can be offensive to other forum users.

Although you were not SHOUTING, it was very hard to read due to the amount of text speak

9) Do not substitute letters within vulgar/obscene/forbidden words with punctuation marks or other symbols. Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) parental software controls and School or Company networks still recognise many of the disguised words and may block access to the forum from their networks.

thanks garry for your advice i'll take that on board next time i should have introduced my self on the other post first on introdution? i think it is many thanks

It's probably harder than ever to start out now and get quality gigs. Business cards, website etc are a definate must, and try to have as tidy a setup as possible. I got a lucky break when I was starting out as i had a family connection in a local hotel that did lots of weddings. Once you start getting a few paid gigs, and assuming you do them well you should get referrals and people even coming up to you on the night, this often happens me anyway. Maybe leave your business cards along the bar in any venue you do play (assuming management are ok with it), if you leave 100 cards on the bar and they are nearly all gone at the end of the night thats nearly 100 people who have your number and may call with a booking some day. Also set up a Facebook page with photos of gigs you have done if possible, 50% of my website traffic comes from Facebook believe it or not, it's questionable how much of this is quality traffic but it's visitors none the less. If you know any facebooks users ask them to refer your page to all their friends, many people will just hit ok when asked to join a Facebook page or group, and you can update your page with photos etc. Just a few ideas, but it takes time to build a good reputation and get yourself known I'm afraid. That is where the majority of gigs come from for most successful DJs and there is no magic wand solution that I know of to get bookings.

www.tipperarypartydj.com

Make the best of each opportunity.

-Be professional in your dealings with clients, polite and helpful emails/calls, prompt responses to questions/quotes.

-Dress appropriately

-Tidy Set-up

-Business Cards to hand out at every opportunity

-Facebook group for your services

-Website with well written original content, and ideally a photo of "you", if you don't have any good photos of gigs, then these can wait..

-Networking with fellow DJ's. If you can't cover an enquiry, why not pass it onto another reputable DJ, who will return the favour?

There are many guys who treat this casually, and the above is really small effort compared with the experience you have. For every serious DJ, there will be many below the radar.

The choice is to join the masses and suffer low income, or make a bit more effort and command higher rates for better gigs.

Even if you do not have a website, you can create an entry in Google Local/Maps today. This can work very well - list your service with contact details/photos/videos/description, and you can appear on a google search.

When you have your website, you can add that to the listing.

This is all free, will take a few mins, and you've nothing to lose.

Jason

• 4 months later...

As someone who moved to Spain around 4 years ago, it takes time to get your name known...much of my work is recommendation for example I am doing a Christmas Eve Party at a local urbanization and my NYE gig was booked in July

I also moved into the Spanish wedding market, and general functions too a very busy book for 2011 already I am already booked for Paddy´s and St Andrew´s day..I have the right music have invested in quality sound equipment am on time professional and properly dressed...and alway carry spare leads and microphone!

The importance of a great clear business card helps too...have lots in your pocket and also carry a spare diary to gigs

for weddings and functions I always ask for 30 percent upfront..the rest payable on the night of the gig..that way someone isn´t going to undercut you