Dj's United

Peavey & Kam Setup

Hi guys,

I am hoping you guys can give some advice on the equipment I have at my disposal. I have a pair of Peavey Eurosys 2's and a KAM KKA400 amp. I have been asked to do the music at a friends 50th birthday at a local church hall holding about 100 or so people. Do you think this will be loud enough and of good sound quality? i will be playing 70's diso through to present day and karaoke in between. All the music/karaoke is pc based and I have 2 no brand mics and a Sennheiser 850s mic to complete the sound side. As for lighting I have only a 250 watt disco light that is sound activated and throws out a bright flower/squiggle pattern. It's 10 years since i did any DJing and would value your advice.

Hi guys,

I am hoping you guys can give some advice on the equipment I have at my disposal. I have a pair of Peavey Eurosys 2's and a KAM KKA400 amp. I have been asked to do the music at a friends 50th birthday at a local church hall holding about 100 or so people. Do you think this will be loud enough and of good sound quality? i will be playing 70's diso through to present day and karaoke in between. All the music/karaoke is pc based and I have 2 no brand mics and a Sennheiser 850s mic to complete the sound side. As for lighting I have only a 250 watt disco light that is sound activated and throws out a bright flower/squiggle pattern. It's 10 years since i did any DJing and would value your advice.

[/quotey

will be ok for starters in my opinion quite a few on here had less power at one time when they started and still did good parties but as always depends on if your getting paid and how much or is it a free one, possibly good idea would be to pick up some speaker stands to throw what you got a bit further sound wise (fairly cheap)and dont turn it up so loud it distorts or clips your amp (sound quality). church halls can be full of echos so watch out on the echo on the mixer or it will sound like your in a cave

Thanks for the advice, speaker stands were my next question. I am doing it as a favour and bought the KAM on a whim at a local dealer as the amp I was given (all free from a friend0 had a Sanjin SA-5860 amp and only had 100w into 8ohm and has a dodgy volume control. The KAM is rated 200w into 8ohm and I can use it at home later so it's not that great an expense (I need a new AV amp anyway) All I need to worry about is not blowing the Peavey's then hopefully.

hi

i live in newmains so whereabouts in lanarkshire r u. if your looking for help/advice u can pm me.