Dj's United

New Led Product I Think You Will Like

American DJ - LED Messenger

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1723/ledmessengerzj1.jpg

Be the hit of the next party! Create stunning text graphics on the wall, ceiling or dance floor with the American DJ, LED Messenger. With the use of its own wireless remote or a computer keyboard (PS2 type - not included) users can type messages using the 192 built-in high output red, green and blue LEDs. The unit can also function as a high out LED moonflower effect in DMX or Sound Active modes. Specifications:

• LED Moonflower with 192 sharp Red, Green & Blue high output colored beams (5mm LEDs: 72 Red, 48 Green & 72 Blue)

• Output similar to a 400W Halogen lamp

• Slow smooth and Fast Sharp movements

• Produces a wide coverage of LED patterns and text letters that can be projected on a ceiling, dance floor or wall

• 10 built-in phrases (Happy Birthday, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Congratulations, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Halloween, Happy St. Patricks Day, Happy New Year, Happy Hanukkah, Last Call)

• 5 Programmable phrases (Up to 30 characters per phrase total)

• Easy-to-use - Operational by its own built-in light show (Sound active) or DMX-512 (USITT)

• High output with new lens technology

• Very low power consumption

• Extreme long lifetime of the LEDs (100,000 hr. rating)

• Linkable via 3-pin XLR DMX In/Output

• 3 DMX Channels

• LED DMX display with 4-button LED menu

• AC IEC outlet on rear to daisy chain power

• PS2 type keyboard input on rear of unit to input characters and letters.

• Light source adjustable manually from outside

• Includes mounting brackets

• Low Power consumption: 55W

• Multi-voltage: 120~240V, 50/60Hz

• Programmable wireless remote (sold separately)

• Dimensions (LxWxH): 12.75” x 9” x 9” /320x230x230mm

• Weight: 15 lbs. / 6.8 kgs.

Using LED Technology and a special optical system this American DJ LED Moonflower effect produces sharp Saturated colors red, green and blue beams of light - a spectacular light show that could not be produced with traditional halogen Moonflowers.

• Extremely Long Life (100,000 hr. rated)

• Rich, saturated colors that will not fade

• Very low power consumption - connect more units in a single circuit

• Runs extremely cool! - NO Duty Cycles! - Run all night!

• For use with or without fog

• Output based on visual side-by-side comparison with halogen fixtures

Video Here

Edited by BK Sound

Sound - 32 Channel System, 2 x RCF 4Pro 6001 & 4 x RCF TTS18A Subs - 6K RMS Active System

Lights - 4 x Martin Mac 250+, 4 x Assorted LED FX, 6 x 1m LED Pixelpar, 2 x 1500 W Strobes, PC Control

Video - 6x4 to 14x10 ft screens & assorted projectors, plasmas, 10 DV Layers, broadcast cameras.

price?

interesting i too would like to know the going price ..the video doesn't seem to work for me :(

video dont work for me either,found this on youtube not fantastic ,hopefully bk will get his link fixed and it will show it better,it's about 1 minute into the video on this link

Edited by andyw

video dont work for me either,found this on youtube not fantastic ,hopefully bk will get his link fixed and it will show it better,it's about 1 minute into the video on this link

i've no idea why the video link doesnt work, i know how to post a link usually.

Retail price is around £155

There we are children, click on the first link you get

Google found it easily enough

Edited by BK Sound

Sound - 32 Channel System, 2 x RCF 4Pro 6001 & 4 x RCF TTS18A Subs - 6K RMS Active System

Lights - 4 x Martin Mac 250+, 4 x Assorted LED FX, 6 x 1m LED Pixelpar, 2 x 1500 W Strobes, PC Control

Video - 6x4 to 14x10 ft screens & assorted projectors, plasmas, 10 DV Layers, broadcast cameras.

Hopefully American DJ will take these to the NADJ show, along with the X- Series. I am very interested to see these!

----------------------------

Thanks ... Dave

Wired For Sound Discos

It looks like you're limited to how many letters are displayed at one time, so to show

"happy birthday mum" would be

happy......scroll....birthday.....scroll.....mum

or congra.....tulatio....ns

see what i mean?

Hmmm maybe not so good then. :hurt:

characters, including spaces

but does it say it shows them all at the same time, or via scrolling?

The picture show "last call" which is 9 characters and looks like the maximum.

• 1 month later...

wizard, don't rush into the djscreens, have a look on the vj forums first (they're not very complementary) plus the pics on their websites are mock ups

I didn't I purchased a couple of standard projection screens. Have to say I liked the idea tho.

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

Quick update on this LED messenger light (which finally arrived yesterday)

If you're considering getting the Equinox Carbon LED light - the American Audio LED Messenger is identical but with the message section added, programming new messages is really easy using the remote, although a ps2 keyboard can be plugged in although i dont have one to try this function out at the moment.

It comes with a plug in IR remote receiver on short cable, so you can operate it from anywhere.

I was concerned that not having the whole word displayed would be an issue but it really isnt, the text moves at the right speed to easily read the message (up to 30 characters, including spaces) - the text scroll speed is adjustable but again is untested.

• 1 month later...

for something that is the latest technology and seemingly good. a retail price of around £150 suggest to me that it wont be much kop.

it has already been exposed for only being able to produce so many alphanumerics at any one time, which would leave pretty much all messages in several parts.

if you're going to be putting single words like 'party'...'welcome' or 'hello' then it will probably be ok. however if you wish to put along the lines of 'hello im your DJ, joe bloggs. i hope you have a great evening' youre going to be there all night waiting for it to scroll round.

id definately want to see this working and have a good go with it before i bought it !

"ADJ Messanger"s have very limited use really, well just messages, no proper show, :damn:

ADJ are great at marketing their product but their "American DJ revo 3" look great "in the box" but sucks at a party waste of my money, ok in 2 minute burst then back off for 30 minutes.

big mac :joe:

id definately want to see this working and have a good go with it before i bought it !

I wasn't that bowled over by it at the NADJ show... :zzz:

Now the ImpossibLED on the progilght stand I was quite impressed with...

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

the specifications say that the led messenger is linkable.

does anyone know if a longer message, say the full 30 characters, is split and scolls correctly across all the connected led messengers?

Eg if you program "Merry Xmas & A Happy New Year" will the first led messenger show "Merry Xmas" then the next led messenger shows "& A Happy" then " New year" on the last led messenger.

or do all linked units just show the same 9 chars as each other?

I have had a look at this unit.

Wasn't impressed at all and my ex-boss and good friend hasn't sold a single unit!!

It is dim and not particularily eye catching.

Retails at £139 inc vat.