Dj's United

What better way to get to know a new member than read all about him here .....

1. What is your DJU Forum Alias?

soundsgood

2. What is your Real Name, Age, Location & Marital Status?

Adam McEwan ermmmmmmmmm i stopped counting er 34, Hastings East sussex and i am happily married for 10 years :)

3. What is the Name of your Disco?

sounds good entertainment roadshow

4. How long have you been a DJ?

wow never thought about it but 22 years now

5. What inspired you to become a DJ?

we had decks at our youth club and i was really into the electro/ breakdance scene, couldnt dance too good but was drawn to the decks

6. Are you a Full/Part Time DJ? If part time what else do you do?

part time unfortunatly as it is my 1st love but goto pay the bills so im a plumbing and heating engineer

7. What is your favourite type of function now? (eg: Wedding, 18th Birthday party, etc)

mmmmmmmmm tough one but looking back on the past year i have to say foreign student disco's they were a riot through the summer

8. What’s the worst/most embarrassing thing you've done in front of an audience?

mmmm there have been so many but the most recent is when i stepped for a friend at short notice understanding it was a 40th birthday party for a lady i asked over the mic who the birthday girl was only to find it was a guys party

9. If you could go back to the beginning of your DJ career is there anything that you'd do differently? (eg: The gear that you bought, the way you promoted/advertised yourself)

i wouldnt have destroyed my dads bang and olufson beocentre scratching on it

10. What do you feel you offer the public that convinces them to book you rather than "the next guy/girl"?

continuity in music and personality mmmmmmm sounds a bit big headed let me re phrase actually no i wont looking at the guys locally that i have met and who continue to undercut me to buy work my personality must have a lot to do with the repeat work i get

11. Have you ever bought something for your show that you wish you hadn't? and why?

a coffin case for cdj1000's and djm600 mixer yep thought it was agreat idea till i had to carry it up 2 flights of stairs, hence the cdj's stay at home now

12. What's your next DJ purchase likely to be?

oooh the list is so long but i think it will probably be a rank mount pc from vale tech

13. If you could get someone to invent a new piece of disco equipment for your show, what would it be?

i think if i were inteligent enough to answer this question seriously i wouldnt answer it i would invent it but seeings as im not i think it would have to be a managable fold up lighting stand containing a full show that sets itself up at the touch of a button :)

14. What was the worst equipment failure suffered during a gig?

my old klynstromm amp decided to cut out everytime a mic was so much as switched on at a karaoke

15. What do you think is the best thing about DJing?

the feeling you get from a packed dancefloor when you drop in the next track and it happens to be just what the crowd needed to keep going

16. What do you think is the worst thing about DJing?

moving equpitment

17. What would make you stop DJing (if anything)?

my back :)

18. How do you think DJing will change, in the next 5 years?

i think with the progression of digital media a lot of the artistry will disapear with people utilising software more to perfect thier performance rather than using any real talent

19. Most stupid thing anyone's ever said to you at a gig?

are you with the bride???

20. Best advice you were ever given by a fellow DJ?

dont dj in a certain venue it will kill your career ( i didnt but those who did dont work anymore or are tied there)

21. And worst advice you were ever given?

dont worry i wont turn on the orange noise limmiter i will just leave the traffic lights on, he lied and my amp died

22. How do you keep up to date with music? (eg Promo monthly CDs, Downloads, Purchase from retailer)

i have a 12 yr old who tells me what to buy

23. Name 3 songs that 95% of the time will fill the dance floor for you!

candi stanton young hearts run free, cindy lauper girls just wanna have fun

and outkast hey ya

24. One piece of advice you'd give to someone just starting out.

dont think starting at a low price to build a reputation will lead to better money, it just sets a precedent and people will want you to stay at that price

25. What medium format do you mainly use eg vinyl, CD, hard-drive?

at home vinyl, and at work predominanlty hard drive now

26. Have you embraced/adapted any ideas that you've read about on DJU - if so what?

im a new member so too early to say

27. What is your best gig ever and your worst?

best ever would be my friends wedding reception (long story) and my worst would be a 21'st for billy no mates when only 5 people showed up and that didnt include his mum and dad

28. What is your main (most successful) form of advertising your disco?

word of mouth

29. Are you a member of a DJ Association / Union

i am currently researching them to see which suits my needs ( will be happy for reccomendations)

30. How many gigs do you do a year, how many would you like to do?

i do around 70 but wouldnt mind 2 a week every week

31. What is your average charge for a booking?

approx £200.00

32. How many tracks do you have in your music collection?

wow if i include vinyl it must be over 150000

33. Have you ever had someone try to claim off you? (eg: Public Liability Insurance or other such legal action)

fortunatly no

35. What is your favourite music genre?

funky house / twisted disco

Interesting read but please explain what "twisted disco" is lol

ah ha

predominantly produced on the hedkandi label its a variation on funky house slightly more up beat, tracks usualy around the 140bpm mark hope this clears things up for you :)

oh and thanks for reading my interview figured as im a new member it may serve me well to get to know a few of the regular users , so ni to meet you .

its amazin how many people reply to 22 with the same sort of answer

good read though:D

GDK Entertainments

Raising The Standards In Entertainment

M 0783 529 5169

E info@gdkentertainments.co.uk

:good: ! :Thumbup:

Eddie

<a href="http://www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk" title="Vibrant Sounds Mobile Disco & Karaoke DJ Ed Bray Eddie Bray eddiebray plymouth devon weddings birthdays parties mobilediscoplymouth" "mobile disco plymouth">www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PAFC Pride of DEVON</span> C'mon U Greens