Dj's United

Had a pair delivered last Wednesday and my first thought when they arrives was that they were bigger than expected. They didn't look that big in the picture. They also seem quite heavy compared to my old wooden cabs weighing in at 21kg.

Set them up at home but couldn't push them too much otherwise the neighbours would complain but they sounded pretty good.

Tonight they had their first outing and they certainly got well run in. It wasn't a big function, only about 70 guests and it was the first time I had used tops without bass bins for as long as I can remember. All started off pretty civilised and with the channel slider half way, they were pumping out enough volume to fill the dance floor area.

As the evening went on, I was asked to turn it up and push up the bass. Got to the stage where the top amber LEDs on the amp were flashing so I wasn't going to push it any further but the sound was amazing. I never thought a 12" cab could produce so much bass. The floor was vibrating and you could feel the beat. Even at the maximum level with over emphasised bass, the sound was crystal clear.

They are 300w RMS each and I used them with an amp giving out 300w per channel and a limiter.

Well pleased with them and feel sure that they would cope with up to 120 at an average function.

I sold a pair to a local social club yesterday, the 15 inch active version....couldnt believe the bass i was getting out of them, amazing.

Sound - 32 Channel System, 2 x RCF 4Pro 6001 & 4 x RCF TTS18A Subs - 6K RMS Active System

Lights - 4 x Martin Mac 250+, 4 x Assorted LED FX, 6 x 1m LED Pixelpar, 2 x 1500 W Strobes, PC Control

Video - 6x4 to 14x10 ft screens & assorted projectors, plasmas, 10 DV Layers, broadcast cameras.

I heard a pair of these last year and was very impressed with the sound quality. I think they also come with protective road bags. A great buy. Probably the 15 inch version would cover most functions, although are a little heavy.

Yes they do indeed come with protective covers. I'll bring them with me for a demo at the next EADJ meet (the speakers that is not just the covers) smile icon