Dj's United

Houses, Groceries, Electric

I don't intend to dampen anyone's mood.

I just wonder what the situation is like in your area.

In Northern Ireland the house prices have risen dramactically in the past 5 years. Eg a 4 bed in 2001 - £56,000, the same four bed now with no changes made, £270,000. It's ridiculous.

Groceries are up, energy prices are up, diesel is up. Wages AREN'T up.

NI is one of the lowest wage earners in uk.

All the time jobs are being lost, companies closing, the migrant workers have gone home. I honestly do believe that the country is going into meltdown, the damage is done and no-one can afford to live, disco's is the last thing on their mind's.

I'd like to hear what the situation is like in your area. :rant:

N2K Entertainments

http://www.n2kentertainments.co.uk

stephen@n2kentertainments.co.uk

the migrant workers have gone home.

I brought this up to the staff at the venue I was at last night. A year ago 50%+ would have been from Eastern European Countries but they all seem to have disappeared. Gone to more affluent areas like the Midlands I expect :joe:

I honestly do believe that the country is going into meltdown, the damage is done and no-one can afford to live, disco's is the last thing on their mind's.

We're doomed I tell ya - all doomed tongue out icon - well actually not yet - people can still afford to get married and have a reception smile icon

Gone to more affluent areas like the Midlands I expect :joe:

Ha Ha Sadly not so affluent and they have all gone to peterborough... Mind you the last time I got to drive a truck which was back in Nov 07 the notices all around the company were in Polish, I did feel like a forigner in my own country.... :(

Nik

All the time jobs are being lost, companies closing, the migrant workers have gone home. I honestly do believe that the country is going into meltdown, the damage is done and no-one can afford to live, disco's is the last thing on their mind's....I'd like to hear what the situation is like in your area.

There are areas 'over here' where the housing price ladder has made a very slow climb compared to other areas, for instance, the rise in property prices where I live are not as high as previously predicted.

Looks like the Mortgage lenders are having a 'squeeze' - read more here.

The bills do seem to have risen! :rolleyes:

Local pump diesel ranges from £1.13 to £1.17. Don't know what the motorway cost is at the moment - it's usually a bit more than the local pump!

I know for a fact that there are migrant workers around my area not earning the minimum wage per hour. Exploitation, no?

There apears to be a world 'crunch', credit is running high in the UK and sure, it appears that the 'melt-down' is happening...with countries like india and China (especially) on the up, the 'balance' will be upset.

So what would put the balance right?

Lets have a party! tongue out icon