Dj's United

No, not wi-fi or bluetooth, I mean a USB dongle with a sim card installed which gives you 'Broadband style' Internet access anywhere. In your car, at home or at work on a mobile style contract. I believe at the present time there are 4 options:

T-Mobile Web & Walk

Orange Internet Anywhere

Vodaphone Mobile Internet

3 Mobile Broadband

I have just bought a Vodaphone dongle on a 24 month contract which should mean I have internet access at work now :hide:

Just wondered if anyone else used one?

Eddie

<a href="http://www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk" title="Vibrant Sounds Mobile Disco & Karaoke DJ Ed Bray Eddie Bray eddiebray plymouth devon weddings birthdays parties mobilediscoplymouth" "mobile disco plymouth">www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PAFC Pride of DEVON</span> C'mon U Greens

O2 Broadband packages

We have three great broadband packages. See which one suits you then

click Get O2 Broadband to see if O2 Broadband is available in your area.

Standard Premium Ultimate

O2 mobile

customer price £7.50 £10.00 £15.00

Standard price £12.50* £15.00* £20.00*

Connection charge Free until 30/06/08 Free until 30/06/08 Free until 30/06/08

Download speed Up to 8 meg Up to 16 meg Up to 20 meg

Usage Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

Considering getting this, but then again I have home connection and a Wi-Fi connection at most offices...is there a point I ask

DJ Jenx

www.JenxDisco.co.uk -

O2 Broadband packages

We have three great broadband packages. See which one suits you then

click Get O2 Broadband to see if O2 Broadband is available in your area.

Standard Premium Ultimate

O2 mobile

customer price £7.50 £10.00 £15.00

Standard price £12.50* £15.00* £20.00*

Connection charge Free until 30/06/08 Free until 30/06/08 Free until 30/06/08

Download speed Up to 8 meg Up to 16 meg Up to 20 meg

Usage Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

Considering getting this, but then again I have home connection and a Wi-Fi connection at most offices...is there a point I ask

This is not Mobile Broadband, this is just a high speed standard domestic broadband. How are you going to use this in your car?

Eddie

<a href="http://www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk" title="Vibrant Sounds Mobile Disco & Karaoke DJ Ed Bray Eddie Bray eddiebray plymouth devon weddings birthdays parties mobilediscoplymouth" "mobile disco plymouth">www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PAFC Pride of DEVON</span> C'mon U Greens

Got mine on Saturday, £15 a month for 3gb.

I used it pretty much all day today at work on my Vista Laptop, used about 80mb. I am limiting myself to 100mb a day at work which should be less than the 3gig a month. I was a bit peeved when I discovered that bleddy Vista had downloaded a load of updates whilst I was surfing and that is what used up about half of the total. Didn't matter though, the laptop was connected from 9am until 3.30pm and apart from the updates I would never have got near the limit I had set. :Thumbup:

Can't believe it works at work, I am way out in the sticks, only a 2G service but still a hell of a lot faster than dialup, and when back in Plymouth I get speeds as fast as my wireless broadband. Wish I'd done it months ago.

Eddie

Not using any at the mo but a great idea and I am waiting for the unlimited download packages to come.. If you take out a 2 year contract now you might be stuck with it far beyond the point when cheaper options become available.

I have managed with out it till now so an extra year or two wont hurt me lol. Great idea though and I feel it is a step towrds what I have always believed that we will all be signed to a massive record data base and can download songs where ever we are when we have a request come in we dont already have on the HD...

Nik

that for me is the way to go as well nik.

even now if you are wi fi enabled you can download at gigs on the fly. great for a special karaoke track or an obscure request as you say.

but a massive db would be brilliant.

the new jukeboxes do it already but they are hardwired into the phonelines. what a bonus that would be eh.

streaming your playlist,no cd's to carry,

in fact one person could play a set and we could all setup, let it stream,go home, return to pick up kit from several gigs you have just done from your armchair.

well i can dream cant i??????????????? :joe:

in fact one person could play a set and we could all setup, let it stream,go home, return to pick up kit from several gigs you have just done from your armchair.

well i can dream cant i??????????????? :joe:

Yeah sound nice now but in the future when 1 DJ is doing 10 gigs tyhe other 9 DJs sitting at home will be very unhappy lol. That is where radio is now in this country 1 Presenter to say 10 radio stations so 9 presenters unemployed.. Not good unless your an accountant..

But back on topic. I can see it being very useful on the road... Put a web cam up and stream the gig to there friends homes who could not make it lol...

Nik

possibilities are endless nik lol.

stream the stag night, the stripper, the kissogram, all to the bride to be. then see if the wedding gets cancelled roflmao

what other scenarios could we use the streaming facility in when we all have it rigged up i wonder.

possibilities are endless nik lol.

stream the stag night, the stripper, the kissogram, all to the bride to be. then see if the wedding gets cancelled roflmao

what other scenarios could we use the streaming facility in when we all have it rigged up i wonder.

Stream the whole wedding then the divorce lol... Stream your whole life with your partner.. VR here we come... I want a holasuite (Star Treck Stylie).

Nik

oh yeah, a holodeck.

for sale citronic dual holodecks. used only lightly. twin decks auto cue to your fave scenarios.

we could even fileshare holo programs, have a holo disco anywhere in the world.

a beach party on bondai beach.

a cabaret night in sleazy berlin.

right off to write the software.

anybody have a spare starship they dont need.

We live on a boat so for us a landline isn't an option.We have used a Vodafone data card for the last 3 years in our Laptop and have just switched to a USB stick which gives us a max of 7.2mbs on 3G with a max of 3GB per month at a cost of £15 pm.

When we first got the data card it cost £75 per month for 1GB so it just goea to show how much things have change in 3 years!!

It's been quite reliable up to now and most of the time we get 3G - occasionally drops to 2G depending on atmosperic conditions / reception etc.

No where near as good as a Landline system but things will improve rapidly and we're happy with it. smile icon

Captain of the good ship 'Andromeda' - a bit of a wreck like meself but at least she will look better with time......

PS. 'Pugwash' rules!!!

Mobile DJ based on the Fylde coast and covering Lancashire & the north west,

playing 60's - present day chart music.

Country / Line Dance events catered for with the best in Modern Country music.

oh yeah, a holodeck.

for sale citronic dual holodecks. used only lightly. twin decks auto cue to your fave scenarios.

we could even fileshare holo programs, have a holo disco anywhere in the world.

a beach party on bondai beach.

a cabaret night in sleazy berlin.

right off to write the software.

anybody have a spare starship they dont need.

Yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but.... My holodeck is made by "new denpantronic" so much better than yours lol and it is a pro one made for the job not a make shift software based using windows galactica 2095 with service pack 254678 installed, and that has over heating problems lol...

Sorry to have moved off topic just me and Wendy having a laugh.

The one for £15 PCM with 3 gig sounds a good offer do you go over your 3 gig limit if so what are the charges like. What is your usage like ie time on net down loads etc...

Nik

We live on a boat so for us a landline isn't an option.We have used a Vodafone data card for the last 3 years in our Laptop and have just switched to a USB stick which gives us a max of 7.2mbs on 3G with a max of 3GB per month at a cost of £15 pm.

When we first got the data card it cost £75 per month for 1GB so it just goea to show how much things have change in 3 years!!

It's been quite reliable up to now and most of the time we get 3G - occasionally drops to 2G depending on atmosperic conditions / reception etc.

No where near as good as a Landline system but things will improve rapidly and we're happy with it. smile icon

ok, ar risk of really going off the deep end :hide:

i am going to suggest that greg already has a "hollow deck" :ouch: :paula: :hide:

ok sorry guys, sorry nik but greg beat uo to it.