Dj's United

Projectors And Wheels

Hi all just want to mention something thet isn't seen much these days.

Just wanted comments and info on projectors and wheels.I have a projector i must have had it about 20 years and it still works fine the problem is i only have 1 wheel that still works.I love the old oilwheels i think they give a fantastic effect .Does anyone have any info on where i can gat one from it would be a shame to retire a pefectly good projector.

Any comments welcome

Peter

Depends on the make!

Optikinetics still make oil wheel cassettes to fit the gobo holder slots in their projectors.

You can of course buy ready-made DJ-grade oilwheel projectors from the budget manufacturers like Acme.

oilwheels

Hi all just want to mention something thet isn't seen much these days.

Just wanted comments and info on projectors and wheels.I have a projector i must have had it about 20 years and it still works fine the problem is i only have 1 wheel that still works.I love the old oilwheels i think they give a fantastic effect .Does anyone have any info on where i can gat one from it would be a shame to retire a pefectly good projector.

Any comments welcome

Peter

Yes it is an Optikinetics

For all your opti needs.....

http://www.optifanatics.com/

I've got a lot of solar 250's and they're a fantastic effect, for atmospherics and special effects. Some of the special items like cassette changers and prisms go for a lot of money still but they just go on and on....

I've got an early one with metal gate that was built in 1975 that is still like new, lots of collectors of these still around.

The genuine oil wheels are good but i find them a bit 'slow'. A lighting crew called Bubble Vision make their own custom wheels which use thinner oils and have pieces of thin material in them which create a differnt type of effect.

Check out their youtube vids for the stuff they do.

They sell some on ebay sometimes, or you can try contacting Rod direct.

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

I've got a lot of solar 250's and they're a fantastic effect, for atmospherics and special effects. Some of the special items like cassette changers and prisms go for a lot of money still but they just go on and on....

I've got an early one with metal gate that was built in 1975 that is still like new, lots of collectors of these still around.

The genuine oil wheels are good but i find them a bit 'slow'. A lighting crew called Bubble Vision make their own custom wheels which use thinner oils and have pieces of thin material in them which create a differnt type of effect.

Thanx i try ebay first :rolleyes:

I have a couple of spare oil wheels for sale...are you in Wigan, I am...how about £25 the pair!

Thanx i try ebay first :rolleyes:

£25 sounds good to me im intrested where are you?